Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jason Espin 368 posts 1335 karma points
    Jun 05, 2015 @ 20:44
    Jason Espin

Server compilation errors when restoring TFS Umbraco solution

Hi all,

We have recently moved over to TFS / Visual Studio online for version control of our Umbraco projects and I am having issues when pulling down the initial version of the project from the server.

We exclude the packages folder and all of the dlls in the bin folder as well as the packages folder when we commit to TFS as this is recreated locally from the packages.config on build of the project however following the build I am getting the following error:

Server Error in '/' Application.
    Compilation Error
    Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately.

Compiler Error Message: CS0234: The type or namespace name 'Ajax' does not exist in the namespace 'System.Web.Mvc' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

Source Error:

Line 22:     using System.Web.WebPages;
    Line 23:     using System.Web.Mvc;
    Line 24:     using System.Web.Mvc.Ajax;
    Line 25:     using System.Web.Mvc.Html;
    Line 26:     using System.Web.Routing;

Source File: c:\Users\Development Machine\AppData\Local\Temp\Temporary ASP.NET Files\vs\32819576\90e5d864\App_Web_home.cshtml.65a2d1ee.r_5obwdt.0.cs    Line: 24 

Does anyone know how to resolve this? I have tried cleaning my solution but this doesn't fix the issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Jason Espin 368 posts 1335 karma points
    Jun 05, 2015 @ 20:52
    Jason Espin

I'm also getting issues with things like my Model.Content declarations being marked as invalid as shown below so TFS has definitely done something I believe.

enter image description here

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft