Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Alex 29 posts 58 karma points
    Jun 05, 2015 @ 15:14
    Alex

New pages disappearing

Hi,

I am experiencing some wierd behaviour with my pages that I have added - they just disappear, say when I go back to the site next day.  

I have one of the uSkinned package installed and created few custom pages/subpages.  I can save and publish and view them on the front-end.  But when I go back next day they pages are Not there.  It happens all the time now.  Everytime i am right-clicking Home node and Publishing all pages/subpages from the backoffice. Only then I can see them reapparing again. 

According to tutorials I am follwoing the correct procedures.  After all they are there in the first place and after loggin off and on, the pages are there.  For some reason only after some time, ie overnight, that this is happening.  As you can imagine this is very frustrating.   

Can anyone suggest what's going on?  Is it a bug within the Umbraco or the Package?  Is anyone experienced a similar issues?

Thanks

• Jesper Lysgaard 16 posts 76 karma points
    Jun 08, 2015 @ 10:20
    Jesper Lysgaard

Are you running SQLCE and IIS Express?

I had same issue until I installed with a full SQL. It seems that transactions hangs somewhere without beeing committed.

/Jesper

• Alex 29 posts 58 karma points
    Aug 26, 2015 @ 09:37
    Alex

Thanks for your reply Jesper. I am using the default SQL database, which hardly has got anything in it as i am working on the new website.

I've published on the local server.

I am now thinking to re-create again the whole application and start doing it again and see how is behaved.

Cheers

• John Scragg 3 posts 73 karma points
    Aug 26, 2015 @ 19:01
    John Scragg

Hi Alex - I have the same issue and upon looking I never could find definitive updated info, but many threads talking about SQL CE as an issue, particularly with WebMatrix/IISExpress.

Ironically I was originally using SQL Server and switch to SQL CE as I thought it was the preferred technology. So this one is getting marked for me as a great lesson to learn earlier than later :)

https://our.umbraco.org/forum/umbraco-7/using-umbraco-7/49713-Losing-data-on-server-restart

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft