Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Alex 29 posts 58 karma points
    May 12, 2015 @ 12:40
    Alex

Changing template after configuration

Hi, can I ask if it's possible to start with one initial template when installing and configuring the Umbraco first time and then changing it to another template?

I ask this question because all the instructions I found are all about adding/using templates when creating Umbraco first time.

Thank you

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    May 12, 2015 @ 12:45
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Alex

Yes it's possible to change the template and document types at any time you would like :)

/Jan

May 12, 2015 @ 12:56
    Alex

Brilliant, thank you Jan.

May 12, 2015 @ 21:05
    Alex

Can I also ask about changing the starter kit template.  I have been using the starter kit as a test environment to play around and to learn.  Now I would like to change to a different starter kit.  Is this possible within the same project or this requires creating a completely new website project? 

Sorry I had to ask here as I couldn't find any information on Tutorials.tv website. 

May 12, 2015 @ 21:05
    Alex

Can I also ask about changing the starter kit template.  I have been using the starter kit as a test environment to play around and to learn.  Now I would like to change to a different starter kit.  Is this possible within the same project or this requires creating a completely new website project? 

Sorry I had to ask here as I couldn't find any information on Tutorials.tv website. 

• Dennis Aaen 4500 posts 18255 karma points admin hq c-trib
    May 12, 2015 @ 21:27
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Alex,

You can uninstall the starter kit and install another one. First go to the developer sections, open up the folder installed packages in there click on the starter kit you have installed, then you will see a uninstall tab, in there you can click uninstall, then you will remove the starter kit.

After you should be able to click on the install starter kit still under developer section, in the installed package folder. Then you can choose another starter kit. But I can see at the moment there is some problems, We can not install starterkits when the install directory or package repository is not present.

So at the moment you need to setup a new Umbraco installation and choose another starter kit.

Hope this helps and make sense.

/Dennis

May 12, 2015 @ 21:40
    Alex

This is a great answer, thank you Dennis. 

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft