Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Dhiren 60 posts 202 karma points
    May 08, 2015 @ 07:44
    Dhiren

Courier Security - Disable Context Menu

Hi,

We have installed Courier in our website. We have multiple editors users who uses our backoffice.
    Now, everyone is able to see Courier in their Context Menu. I want to disable that Contenx menu for those users which are not 'admin'. 

Can anybody let me know solution for this?

Thanks in advance.

Dhiren

• Urvish 252 posts 776 karma points
    May 08, 2015 @ 10:02
    Urvish

Hi Dhiren,

You can set right to the particular user that he won't able to see courier section in Umbraco.

You can for disabling Courier in their Context Menu.

1. Go to Courier Security in Users section.
    2. Go to any user you want to restrict.
    3. Tick the Deny usage in all the section.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Urvish Mandaliya

May 08, 2015 @ 10:32
    Dhiren

Hi Urvish,

Thanks for your reply. I already tried to Deny all usage & it removed menu from Dashboard. But still I am able to see Courier option in Context Menu.

See below screenshot for reference.

I am using Umbraco Version: 7.1.4 & Courier Version: 2.11.2

Thanks,
    Dhiren 

• Urvish 252 posts 776 karma points
    May 08, 2015 @ 10:55
    Urvish

Hi Dhiren,

Are you using licensed version ?

I think you need to purchase license for the Courier.

Or it may be issue of the Courier. You can directly ask the creator for the same if you have twitter account.

Because this functionality is working in our site with Umbraco 6.1 and Courier 2.7. We have deny users with role editor by this manner.

Regards,

Urvish Mandaliya

• Craig Cronin 304 posts 503 karma points
    May 15, 2015 @ 16:40
    Craig Cronin

Hi Urvish,

Did you get a resolution to this.  I'm having exactlty the same problem with a licensed version of Courier.  I'm on the latest version of Courier and Umbraco 7.2.4, so would expect it all to work really.

May 28, 2015 @ 07:49
    Dhiren

Hi Craig,

I got following answer from Courier support team.

Hi -
        Courier for v7 does not contain user level access security for the content menu. It was a feature in earlier versions that we removed based-on user feedback. If it's     something you need I can add a request to evaluate re-adding the feature to the v7 version as well.

That means we dont have this option to remove it from context menu.

Thanks,
    Dhiren 

May 28, 2015 @ 09:56
    Craig Cronin

Hi Dhiren,

Firstly thanks for getting back.  Personally i would expect this to be a standard of the option of the product.  I'm currently rebuilding our corporate website which means I will have about 150 content authors and only want to allow a handful to publish.

I'm pretty sure that I can stop them actually doing things using current security but it seems strange to still have the option there.  I will make a feature request for this.

Thanks

• Ashford Borough Council Dev Team 25 posts 158 karma points
    Aug 11, 2015 @ 14:37
    Ashford Borough Council Dev Team

Hi Dhiren, We have also been asked by our web design admins to hide the Courier context menu item from content editors for the same reasons as Craig stated. Strange that this functionality WAS available and more strange that it was ever removed due to customer feedback. What harm can just having the option to hide the menu item do?

I have tried AttackMonkey Custom Menus but even that doesn't remove it (although works fine on other intrinsic Umbraco menu items). I guess things are happening in the wrong order or something.

Long story short...can a fix to hide the content menu option at user/user type level be provided PLEASE.

Thanks in anticipation.

Aug 11, 2015 @ 14:56
    Craig Cronin

Hi, I recently came across this problem and there might be an issue for it on http://issues.umbraco.org/dashboard

If not create one, at least it can get votes and might be implemented :)

• Ashford Borough Council Dev Team 25 posts 158 karma points
    Aug 11, 2015 @ 15:11
    Ashford Borough Council Dev Team

Thanks Craig. Duly voted and commented.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft