Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Eric Bergquist 18 posts 48 karma points
    Mar 16, 2015 @ 10:54
    Eric Bergquist

Using Members in Umbraco 7

Good evening everyone

I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

I have been using Umbraco for a while and on our latest project I decided to use the Members section of Umbraco to store our users and allow them to access some member only downloads.

I am not sure if this is thr right/best way to do this but I have built UserControls to handle the registration and login and list the software depending on the user logged in. All this seems to work fine. When I log in I am redirected to the downloads page and I see the downloads I have access to. The problem I am having is as soon as I navigate away from the page I seem to get 'logged' out of sorts.

From what I can see the redirection after login contains a long string:

(F(8xSW1-GBKFJe2kZeH18PZ_ZuEJ2jXu28t1p-rzyeWuNCrRa1lDcgk3jYmC5uX_mzYLdRX7U66BpwmMfcd9vOwvK3y-SN3Il0fMFQdoivBtRqr_4R3hqbqGewLtupmlaU0))

and as long as this is present it appears that I am still logged in. This doesn't seem to be how I would expect it to work.

Am I doing something wrong or have I not configured something correctly? Or should I be setting my own session variables to keep track of whether the user is logged in? At the moment I am using methods in the MembershipHelper to login, check if the user is logged in, and logout (although this doesn't appear to be working)

I am picking it might be something very simple I have missed doing so any help would be greatly appreicated

Many thanks in advance

Eric

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Mar 16, 2015 @ 11:12
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Eric

Are you logged into the Umbraco backoffice at the same time when you're testing the member login on the website? If so please try to just login using the member and don't log into the backoffice. You might need to clear the browser cache in order for testing this. I've seen an issue about this in a post a while ago.

/Jan

• Eric Bergquist 18 posts 48 karma points
    Mar 17, 2015 @ 10:07
    Eric Bergquist

Hi Jan

Thanks for your comments. I have tried only logging into the members area and not into the back office but this hasn't helped

It still doesn't appear to let me stay logged in when I navigate away from the page

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreicated

Thanks

Eric

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft