Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Thor Østergaard 37 posts 58 karma points
    Mar 09, 2015 @ 14:05
    Thor Østergaard

Umbraco Forms in 7.2.2

I'm having a clean 7.2.2 installation with my own simple documenttype and template.

Have installed Umbraco Forms from the umbraco interface (no package) with no error messages and it's possible to create a simple form.

BUT I'm not able to insert this new form on my web-site.

The Umbraco forms installation have created 4 new macros:

Insert form
    Insert form
    Render Forms Scripts
    Render Forms Scripts

Only two is connected to a MVC file and none is marked to be used in the editor.

What to do now?

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Mar 09, 2015 @ 14:18
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Thor,

Try to see the video chapter on Umbraco TV. about how to use the Umbraco Forms, http://umbraco.tv/videos/umbraco-v7/implementor/extending/umbraco-forms/

And there is also videos about when to use Insert form in the RTE http://umbraco.tv/videos/umbraco-v7/implementor/extending/umbraco-forms/adding-forms-to-your-content/ or directly in your temples http://umbraco.tv/videos/umbraco-v7/implementor/extending/umbraco-forms/adding-forms-to-your-templates/.

Written documentation can you find here: https://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Products/UmbracoForms/

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

Mar 09, 2015 @ 14:46
    Thor Østergaard

Yes - that's exactly how I installed it - but I still get 4 macros instead of two and no option to insert forms in rte.

• Chris 92 posts 238 karma points
    Mar 09, 2015 @ 14:52
    Chris

Same here.

Worked with umbraco Forms on a older installation of umbraco ( Umbraco 7.2.1 assenbly:1.0.5462.37503, UmbracoForms.Package.4.0.0-Build.106 ) and it works perfect.

On my newer Umbraco installation (7.2.2) I tried the new Forms version (4.0.1) and the older one (4.0.0 mentioned above) and it won't work. I noticed that the both installation I use have differenct alias's for the macros:

The 7.2.1 Umbraco Version uses "umbracoforms.RenderForm" and the 7.2.2 Umbraco Version "umbracoformsRenderForm" (dot is missing) but even when I try to edit the alias it won't get changed.

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Mar 09, 2015 @ 15:47
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Chris,

I assume that you have created this issue http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/CON-700 on the issue tracker. I will link to it so other that comes across this post, can see there is an issue with it, and vote for it.

/Dennis

Mar 09, 2015 @ 15:51
    Chris

Ah thanks,

Didn't know that it get's added to the bug reporter.

• Rob de Mercado 31 posts 147 karma points
    Mar 10, 2015 @ 11:46
    Rob de Mercado

We are experiencing the same problem as Thor Østergaard with exactly the same scenario. Having successfully tried out the UmbracoForms.Package.4.0.0-Build.106 package as part of our assessment of Umbraco 7 we decided to buy the Complete package. I went to the Forms download page and in a fresh clean install of 7.2.2 installed Forms 4.0.1 along with our license. Lo and behold we have the same result as Thor with duplicated macros and are unable to insert a form into a template as we did with the previous build.

There is clearly a problem with the 4.0.1 package and I hope it will be resolved soon as we need to progress our project fairly rapidly. I guess we could use the previous build but I'd rather the latest one was fixed. We spent a long time assessing Umbraco before deciding to go with it. I hope we will not be running into a series of stalling points now we've got this far.

• Ashford Borough Council Dev Team 25 posts 158 karma points
    Mar 10, 2015 @ 15:33
    Ashford Borough Council Dev Team

Following a very impressive response from the zendesk I was given the following solution which appears to have resolved the issue.

It looks like the package creates 4 macros instead of 2 on Umbraco 7.2.2 . To fix you can easily combine them.

So delete both the duplicates (the one with alias Insertform and the one with alias RenderFormsScripts) and then update the macro with alias umbracoformsRenderForm to include the correct parameter. That's a parameter with alias FormGuid of type form picker.

Just one slight deviation from these instructions, which was to manually re-assign the FormGuid macro property to the correct macro in table cmsMacroProperty. I couldn't delete one of the offending macros beforehand due to a foreign key constraint. No need to do anything else in the back office and all appears to be working.

Mar 10, 2015 @ 15:56
    Chris

That sounds interesting. Can you give us the exact steps you have taken?

First I delete the empty macro duplicates. So then I have "Render Forms Scripts" with alias "umbracoformsRenderScripts" and "Insert form" with alias "umbracoformsRenderForm".

Now how do I include the parameter you are talking about? Do I need to edit the .cshtml file?

• Ashford Borough Council Dev Team 25 posts 158 karma points
    Mar 10, 2015 @ 16:16
    Ashford Borough Council Dev Team

No need to edit anything Chris.

In the database there is a record in cmsMacroProperty with an alias UmbracoForms.FormPicker. This record will have a macro ID of one of the records in cmsMacro which you need to delete. Open the cmsMacroProperty table in edit mode and change the value in the macro column to the corresponding id column in cmsMacro which has a macroAlias of umbracoformsRenderForm. This is effectively relinking an existing parameter to the correct macro. You'll find you can't delete one of the duplicates until you have done this anyway because of a foreign key constraint.

Sorry for any confusion, the original instructions were included as originally supplied so there's no need to update the macro in the back office as we've already done that in the database.

The attached image of my database tables before and after will explain more clearly (I hope). There's nothing more to it than a few data tweaks.

Mar 10, 2015 @ 16:55
    Chris

Thanks,

that worked for me.

Chris

Mar 11, 2015 @ 09:27
    Thor Østergaard

Almost there :)

Now I get 

The resource cannot be found.

Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.  Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly. 

Requested URL: /umbraco/RenderMvc

After submitting form.

• Stephen Kiers 41 posts 62 karma points
    Jul 10, 2015 @ 02:35
    Stephen Kiers

Any updates on this particular issue?

• Comment author was deleted

Mar 11, 2015 @ 10:35

Seems the behaviour of the macro service in the Umbraco core changed slightly, it cleans the aliases removing any dots and that is causing the issue.

• Lokesh kumar Chippada 44 posts 249 karma points
    Sep 04, 2015 @ 14:45
    Lokesh kumar Chippada

Any fix to use umbracoContour.RazorRenderForm?

• Lokesh kumar Chippada 44 posts 249 karma points
    Sep 07, 2015 @ 11:17
    Lokesh kumar Chippada

The bug is fixed, by adding new record with alias name "umbracoContour.RazorRenderForm" in cmsMacro.

Now old alias umbracoContour.RazorRenderForm is working and new alias umbracoContourRazorRenderForm can be used in RTE or templates

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft