Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Paul de Quant 403 posts 1520 karma points
    Feb 25, 2015 @ 17:05
    Paul de Quant

Error executing query delete from umbracoLog

Hello,

I've been looking through our UmbracoTraceLog.txt file and I've noticed the following error come up repeatedly:-

2015-02-25 15:57:04,803 [82] ERROR umbraco.DataLayer.SqlHelper1[[System.Data.SqlClient.SqlParameter, System.Data, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]] - [Thread 95] Error executing query delete from umbracoLog where datestamp < @oldestPermittedLogEntry and logHeader in ('open','system') System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): The conversion of a nvarchar data type to a datetime data type resulted in an out-of-range value. The statement has been terminated. at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action1 wrapCloseInAction) at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean callerHasConnectionLock, Boolean asyncClose) at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.TryRun(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean& dataReady) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async, Int32 timeout, Task& task, Boolean asyncWrite, SqlDataReader ds) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, TaskCompletionSource1 completion, Int32 timeout, Task& task, Boolean asyncWrite) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.InternalExecuteNonQuery(TaskCompletionSource1 completion, String methodName, Boolean sendToPipe, Int32 timeout, Boolean asyncWrite) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery() at Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Data.SqlHelper.ExecuteNonQuery(String connectionString, CommandType commandType, String commandText, SqlParameter[] commandParameters) at umbraco.DataLayer.SqlHelper`1.ExecuteNonQuery(String commandText, IParameter[] parameters) ClientConnectionId:c6d4cf84-f1f2-4adf-88fa-4dcc784708b9 Error Number:242,State:3,Class:16

Does anyone know how I can rectify this error? We're using Umbraco 7.2.2

Thanks in advance

Paul

• William Charlton 171 posts 218 karma points
    Jul 22, 2015 @ 18:50
    William Charlton

I have a similar problem. I found this when investigating a problem with the system logging me out unexpectedly. Everything goes fine and then WHAM! the suite freezes and a hard refresh logs me out. This comes immediately after I try to publish. The logs show: 2015-07-22 19:31:45,401 [27] INFO Umbraco.Core.Publishing.PublishingStrategy - [Thread 43] Content 'About Us' with Id '1076' has been published.

2015-07-22 19:31:45,964 [27] INFO Umbraco.Core.PluginManager - [Thread 43] Starting resolution types of umbraco.interfaces.ICacheRefresher

2015-07-22 19:31:45,964 [27] INFO Umbraco.Core.PluginManager - [Thread 43] Completed resolution of types of umbraco.interfaces.ICacheRefresher, found 20 (took 5ms)

2015-07-22 19:31:47,198 [27] ERROR umbraco.DataLayer.SqlHelper`1[[System.Data.SqlClient.SqlParameter, System.Data, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]] - [Thread 49] Error executing query delete from umbracoLog where datestamp < @oldestPermittedLogEntry and logHeader in ('open','system')

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): The conversion of a nvarchar data type to a datetime data type resulted in an out-of-range value.

The statement has been terminated.

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action`1 wrapCloseInAction)

at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean callerHasConnectionLock, Boolean asyncClose)

at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.TryRun(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean& dataReady)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async, Int32 timeout, Task& task, Boolean asyncWrite, SqlDataReader ds)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, TaskCompletionSource`1 completion, Int32 timeout, Task& task, Boolean asyncWrite) ... A load more entries saying stuff like: Starting resolution types of Umbraco.Web.Trees.TreeController Completed resolution of types of Umbraco.Web.Trees.TreeController, found 4 (took 2ms) Setting OriginalRequestUrl Loading content from disk cache... etc

Then 2015-07-22 19:33:21,237 [6] INFO Umbraco.Web.Security.WebSecurity - [Thread 22] User Id: 0 logged in

With no mention of logging out. I have been on to the host who have set up a chron job to hit the home page every minute and this "seemed" to fix the logging out problem until about 20 minutes after log in. I have changed the setting in umbracoSettings.config under security to now say:

I haven't asked the host to restart the site though.

It's a big issue as I keep losing my updates - I now copy the HTML before I attempt to save which helps but its not ideal.

Jul 22, 2015 @ 18:51
    William Charlton

For suite read site ;)

• Lee 1130 posts 3088 karma points
    Mar 14, 2017 @ 07:20
    Lee

Did you ever solve this?

Mar 15, 2017 @ 10:20
    William Charlton

Hi Lee,

I never really got to the bottom of this but it looked like the issue was related to the host's load balancing not being synched but to be honest that was more a guess than anything more concrete. The host company are mainly Apache based, so we had issues with case, so that was another possible pointer. I still get the odd surprise log out though and as I mention above, before I hit [save] I always take a copy of the HTML just in case.

This was a while ago and I have adapted to deal with it but I don't recall a recent incident. I've made a note to let you know if I do. Though it would be good if Umbraco looked at some way of enforcing case, particularly with packages that sometime,s as far as I remember, don't match case with built in objects - maybe they are?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft