Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• zell 37 posts 90 karma points
    Feb 24, 2015 @ 05:51
    zell

Umbraco Preview on load balanced server

im using umbraco 7.1.8 on a load balanced server, distributed servers configured and everything is fine.
    the only feature that doesnt work are previews.
    i'm not exactly sure how preview works but if an node is published the preview works, if its just in a saved state (before pressing save) it doesnt work i get a 404.

any ideas?

many thanks.

edit: previews work with no errors on a single server

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Feb 24, 2015 @ 07:19
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Zell

Does the preview function work as expected if you test locally? Just trying to figure out if it's only on your live setup things go wrong or if it does not matter.

/Jan

• Matthew Kirschner 323 posts 611 karma points
    Feb 24, 2015 @ 20:24
    Matthew Kirschner

@Jan, his edit mentions that it runs fine on a single server.

I'm also running on a load balanced environment and haven't really noticed an issue. Perhaps, zell, you haven't restricted your backoffice to a single node? I noticed that when I hit preview, I was viewing the previewed page on our backoffice server with no problems. If I edit the url to go to the same preview page but on our second node, then I get a blank page.

Feb 24, 2015 @ 21:51
    Jan Skovgaard

@Matthew: Yup it does...but it was not there when I asked my initial question...I can't see what will happen in the future - But that would be awesome! :)

Not sure what the issue could be then though. Sorry.

/Jan

• Matthew Kirschner 323 posts 611 karma points
    Feb 24, 2015 @ 21:57
    Matthew Kirschner

@Jan, I didn't mean to insinuate that you overlooked an edit, I just figured you hadn't been notified that he changed his post. Sorry if that came out wrong. I get an email whenever someone replies to a post (which is handy), but I imagine this doesn't happen when a post is edited.

Feb 24, 2015 @ 22:06
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Matthew - No offense taken at all :) - Nope, no e-mail sent when posts are edited. Only when new answers are posted - I just went through the mailbox and there was quite a few our emails to glance through so only just saw it now.

Not sure if there could actually already be a reported bug on the matter on the issue tracker? I recall having seen and experienced issues regarding the preview function in v7.1.x releases btw.

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft