Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Warren Bromige 5 posts 25 karma points
    Feb 04, 2015 @ 06:12
    Warren Bromige

Problem opening templates tree

When i attempt to view the templates tree in version 7.1.2 i am getting the following error:

Failed to retreive data for child nodes undefined

at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.template.ViewHelper.ViewPath(String alias) at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.template.Template.setupNode() at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.template.Template.GetAllAsList() at umbraco.loadTemplates.RenderTemplates(XmlTree& tree)

I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to either fix this or track down the missings view / template / db entry

Thanks

W.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Feb 04, 2015 @ 08:02
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Warren and welcome to our :)

When did this start to happen? Have you made any change in the backoffice or on the disk?

/Jan

Feb 04, 2015 @ 08:23
    Warren Bromige

hi jan, thanks for the welcome

no changes to disk or back office, we only noticed a couple of days ago when attempting to edit a template.

we added a new document type and selected to create the template which is of course an MVC view, the view was created on the disk but when we tried to open it from the template tree and received the previously posted error. now we cannot edit the properties of a document type getting the following error

any help would be highly appreciated.

W.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
       umbraco.cms.businesslogic.template.ViewHelper.ViewPath(String alias) +56
       umbraco.cms.businesslogic.template.Template.setupNode() +417
       umbraco.cms.businesslogic.template.Template.GetAllAsList() +330

Feb 04, 2015 @ 18:38
    Jan Skovgaard

HI Warren

Ok, ehm do you remember if the document type or template aliases was the same on multiple document types or templates? (Ok, weird sentence, hope it makes sense though).

What is your setup like? Do you have a local and stading server or do you only have one server?

/Jan

Feb 05, 2015 @ 02:32
    Warren Bromige

hi jan

the template aliases were unique so were the document type names, with the null reference i am guessing there is an entry in the db for a non existent template but i cant seem to find a decent log entry or trace to state which this might be, or it could be something totally different! not really looking forward to building a new install up from scratch!

server setup is a single 2012 server, running v 7.1.2

thanks W

Feb 05, 2015 @ 05:20
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Warren

You should be able to find an overview of the templates if you have a look in the database...can't remember the name of the table though but think it's named something with "templates".

/Jan

Feb 05, 2015 @ 06:43
    Warren Bromige

hi jan, i did compare the cmsTemplate table entries to the physical disk views and all entries in the table are on the disk, so bit of a non starter. any idea how i can get more info on the null reference error and possible the template name causing the error, i have used umbraco for a while but not too sure how to use the debug mode

Feb 11, 2015 @ 04:02
    Warren Bromige

sorry to bump this up, but just wondering if anyone might have some insight into this problem, rebuilding the site is going to be a real pain!

• Alex Skrypnyk 6132 posts 23951 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Jun 03, 2015 @ 19:30
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Warren,

We have the same problem. Did you solve it ?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft