Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Phil 54 posts 139 karma points
    Jan 28, 2015 @ 15:22
    Phil

Embed YouTube video through RTE embed - computer says no

I was under the impression that an editor would be able to paste a YouTube URL into the url field of the RTE embed option, and the video would be automatically embedded into the post.

However, when I try this, I receive the Computer Says No error - is there any configuration changes I need to make before trying this?

• Shahid Hafiz 9 posts 29 karma points
    Feb 04, 2015 @ 16:39
    Shahid Hafiz

Hi Phil, can you elaborate what that actual error is. also version of u7 ? I've just added a youtube embed code via rte and it worked fine on version u6 & u7

• Trish 9 posts 31 karma points
    Mar 19, 2015 @ 12:35
    Trish

A client of ours just reported the same issue 'computer says no' - on 7.2.1.  She just sent me a screenshot and rather than just paste the URL from the address bar, she'd gone to YouTube, right clicked on the video and selected 'Get embed code' - then pasted that in.

I assume the unhelpful 'Computer says no' error is actually cross-site scripting protection. 

• Phil Atkinson 51 posts 244 karma points
    Sep 27, 2017 @ 19:15
    Phil Atkinson

it doesn't work if you use the "/embed" youtube URL, which is very odd, as the embed URL is the one you are meant to use in your website. if you use a normal youtube URL the preview works, but the render doesn't as you get a CORS error.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft