Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Brad 69 posts 97 karma points
    Jan 14, 2015 @ 17:28
    Brad

Quick Way To Publish 20,000 nodes

Hi Guys,

I have built a site with a large number of nodes. Some of these nodes say the node is not currently in the cache. What is the quickest way to republish the entire site? When I try to do a lot of nodes the whole website locks up and is unresponsive.

Thank you,

• Matthew Kirschner 323 posts 611 karma points
    Jan 14, 2015 @ 17:39
    Matthew Kirschner

In the Content tree within Umbraco, you should be able to click on a parent node, navigate to the Do Something Else menu, and then click Publish. It should give you options to Publish all children of the current node.

• Brad 69 posts 97 karma points
    Jan 14, 2015 @ 18:04
    Brad

I'm not seeing the 'Do Something Else' menu. I left clicked a node and that just pulls open the edit window. Right clicking just opens the regular context menu. Please note I am on 7.1.4 version of Umbraco.

Is this do something else method faster than right click > publish > check publish 'x' and all its subpages? The problem is doing that is very very slow and could take hours to publish all the nodes I need to publish.

• Dennis Aaen 4500 posts 18255 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Jan 14, 2015 @ 19:28
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Brad,

Don´t know if it fast when you have 20.000 nodes, but if you go to the "CONTENT" node in the top of the content tree and left click on the three dots, then choose "Do something else" and then choose the option "Republish entire site".

That updates the XML cache found in /App_Data/umbraco.config. All published content will be updated, while unpublished content will stay unpublished.

Hope this can help you publish 20.000 nodes in a quick way. Just ask if you can´t find the "Republish entire site" option then I would provide you some screenshots.

/Dennis

• Jeroen Breuer 4908 posts 12265 karma points MVP 4x admin c-trib
    Jan 15, 2015 @ 12:48
    Jeroen Breuer

Maybe you can try to use this package for it: http://soetemansoftware.nl/bulkmanager

Jeroen

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft