Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Steven Willett 10 posts 30 karma points
    Jan 13, 2015 @ 17:04
    Steven Willett

Single Media Picker (dotted box) not showing & Media folders not showing "select" either

Hi,

I have trawled the forum and issues logs to no avail, I am trying to work out what is causing this issue that has arisen in past days, While working on partial views I have noticed document type property using the single media picker has decided to stop rendering in the back office.

I can no longer select a folder or an image file at all, when I click the media picker icon which appears on pages I have NOT navigated to via the front end yet I can then see the media folders however the "select" grey bar does not appear now either.

The data type is associated to a document type called "Industries" but attempting to use on the child item of this called "Industry"

The legal sector screen shot shows what it should do but if I navigate to the page on the front end this disappears and looks like the Finance Sector screen shot below.

Does anyone have any idea as to the possible cause?

Couple of screen grabs here to help explain the issue.

Any direction towards a possible cause / solution appreciated.

enter image description here enter image description here enter image description here enter image description here enter image description here

Jan 14, 2015 @ 09:53
    Steven Willett

I have since managed to resolve the "select" grey bar issue (not showing / available) to now work.

Solution:
    Under, Media Type's > MY MEDIA TYPE > Document Type Compositions > Make sure this is correctly defined.

I had banner incorrectly selected, once I de-selected this it resolved the "select" issue I was experiencing.

As for the other issue, where the media picker selection option within the content pages disappearing and not working, this issue still stands.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Jan 14, 2015 @ 10:25
    Steven Willett

Just scanned the UmbracoTraceLog file around the time the issue arises and found:

2015-01-12 09:43:32,359 [7] ERROR Umbraco.Core.Dynamics.DynamicInstanceHelper - [Thread 72] An error occurred finding and executing extension method "Media" for type "Umbraco.Web.Models.DynamicPublishedContent". Types searched for extension methods were Umbraco.Web.Models.DynamicPublishedContent. System.MissingMethodException: Method 'Umbraco.Web.Models.DynamicPublishedContent.Media' not found.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft