Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Eric Bergquist 18 posts 48 karma points
    Dec 18, 2014 @ 03:53
    Eric Bergquist

Default image size in rich text editor

Hi everyone

I see there are a few posts about this already but no solution

I have just upgraded from 7.1.5 to 7.2.0 in a hope that this fixes this but it hasn't

How do I change the default size (500px) of the images inserted in the richtexteditor ?

Please help with this

Eric

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Dec 18, 2014 @ 05:57
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Eric

You should be able to change the dimensions in the rich text editor datatype in "Developer -> Datatype -> Rich text editor". There is an "Maximum size for inserted images" option now, which by default is set to 500 pixels but you can now change it to be anything that you would like.

Hope this helps.

/Jan

Dec 18, 2014 @ 10:12
    Eric Bergquist

Thanks Jan

Yes you able to do that in version 6 with the Maximum default size of inserted images setting but in version 7.1.4 or 7.2.0 this doesn't exist anymore see attached screenshot

You can set the dimensions oif the editor but this is the size of the editor when you are editing content.

I have read somewhere this also controls the width/height but I have tried setting it to the required width or to 0 and neither of them stop the images from being resized to 500px wide

Any further suggestions would be greatly appreicated

Eric

• Dennis Aaen 4500 posts 18255 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Dec 18, 2014 @ 11:12
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Eric,

It sems that something went wrong in your upgrading procees. I have just tried setting up, a vanilla installation of Umbraco 7.2 and here you have the option of setting the default image size.

What steps did you take for upgrading your in installtion?, did you see this http://our.umbraco.org/documentation/installation/upgrading/general documentation, and did you reember to compare the webconfig and the files in the /config. For compare files you could use the tool WinMerge

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Dec 18, 2014 @ 11:27
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Eric

Hmm, have you tried clearing the backoffice cache after the upgrade? As you can see from the screendump Dennis posted above it should be there.

But I suspect you might need to go to /config/ClientDependency.config and increment the version number and then recycle the app pool to make it appear. If you did not merge the different files then that should be done as well as Dennis mentions too.

Hope this helps.

/Jan

Dec 18, 2014 @ 20:09
    Eric Bergquist

HI Dennis

Thanks for you comments. It appears I can't seem to follow simple instructions. I misread the upgrade instructions and missed the section. Now that I have followed them correctly it is working

Many thanks

Eric

• Dennis Aaen 4500 posts 18255 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Dec 18, 2014 @ 20:13
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Eric,

I am happy that I could help you solve your issue.

/Dennis

• WebDeveloper 3 posts 72 karma points
    Jul 11, 2016 @ 22:43
    WebDeveloper

I'm having a similar issue. I have already changed the default size in Umbraco's Data Type for the Rich Text Editor from 500px to various sizes and no matter what size I change it, when I insert an image and preview the page all the images in my Rich Text Editor show up as 100% full screen size. Even if I insert a tiny icon that's 10px10px it blows to it up to full screen and doesn't allow me to resize it to anything else. Is there another location to reset the default image settings for my Text Editor? and this issue is site wide. thank you

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft