Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• James Gaisford 22 posts 165 karma points
    Nov 26, 2014 @ 14:51
    James Gaisford

Dialogue Install

Hi All,

Following a great talk at the UK Umbraco Festival by Lee I've been inspired to try Dialogue. Install went fine, but now in the default forum which is set up as part of the installation, I can't work out how to create a new topic.

I have registered as a user and can see the My Admin menu option, but neither from the main forum landing page, nor the category page can I see an option to create a topic.

I have a feeling I'm missing something obvious, but any pointers welcome! (Screenshot below of the UI I see)

screenshot of forum after initial install

• Dan Lister 416 posts 1974 karma points c-trib
    Nov 26, 2014 @ 15:38
    Dan Lister

Hi James,

This might sound like a silly question but have you tried restarting your application after creating categories? The only reason I mention that is because Dialogue, I think, registers it's routes (forums and categories) on Application Startup.

Thanks, Dan

Nov 26, 2014 @ 15:43
    James Gaisford

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the reply. I haven't tried that, but I have done a little more investigation.

Turns out the display of the "create topic" button is controlled by the following clause;

@if (Model.LoggedOnUser != null && Model.LoggedOnUser.DisablePosting != true && Model.UserCanPostTopics)

The test user I created meets the first two conditions, but UserCanPostTopics is set to false.

Getting closer, but now need to find out where UserCanPostTopics is set in Umbraco!

Cheers, James.

Nov 26, 2014 @ 15:44
    Dan Lister

Ah that should be in the Permissions tab on each of the Categories. You'll need to set the correct permissions for the correct groups assigned to your members.

Thanks, Dan.

Nov 26, 2014 @ 16:01
    James Gaisford

Hallelujah!!!!

Thank you Dan.

I was looking everywhere on the user for the permission, but it was on the category.

Have successfully created my first topic!

Cheers, James.

Nov 26, 2014 @ 16:12
    Dan Lister

Awesome! :) Glad I could help.

Thanks, Dan.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft