Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Sudipta Das 13 posts 104 karma points
    Nov 07, 2014 @ 06:54
    Sudipta Das

Failing to find content within Umbraco nodes

Hi,

I have a requirement where I have to search articles under a specific section within Umbraco and return the best possible match (from keywords entered). The code block I am using is below:

The part where I am using (x => Convert.ToString(x.GetPropertyValue("metaKeywords")).ToLower().Contains(SearchTerm)) within FirstOrDefault() the code fails. If I remove it the page works fine. But this is a completely valid line of code. Whay it would fail on this line?

if (SearchType == "licence")

{

var articles = Umbraco.Content(1080).Descendants();

if (!string.IsNullOrEmpty(SearchTerm))

{

if (Request["licenceSearchKeywordsId"] != null)

{

string SearchId = Convert.ToString(Request["licenceSearchKeywordsId"]);

if (SearchId.Length > 0 && SearchId != "0")

{

// This line works perfectly fine, I can get result and redirect to the page

var result = articles.Where("Visible && DocumentTypeAlias == \"GenericContentArticle\" && Id = " + SearchId + "").FirstOrDefault();

if (result != null)

{

Response.Redirect(result.Url);

}

}

}

else 

{

SearchTerm = SearchTerm.ToLower();

// Here it fails, if I remove [x => Convert.ToString(x.GetPropertyValue("metaKeywords")).ToLower().Contains(SearchTerm)] part from the line then the error is resolved.

var result1 = articles.Where("Visible && DocumentTypeAlias == \"GenericContentArticle\"").FirstOrDefault(x => Convert.ToString(x.GetPropertyValue("metaKeywords")).ToLower().Contains(SearchTerm));

if (result1 != null)

{

Response.Redirect(result1.Url);

}            

}

}

}

I will really appreciate, if you suggest a solution or direct me to one.

Thanks,

Sudipta 

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft