Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• zell 37 posts 90 karma points
    Oct 22, 2014 @ 06:34
    zell

TinyMCE and Umbraco 7.1.8 - unable to insert image

hey,

i'm using the latest umbraco 7.1.8 build and i notice tinyMCE doesn't appear to give me the option to add the media picker in the Richtext Editor.

i've gone into the datatype and enabled the following options:

and the only options i see available are:

any idea if this is currently broken?

many thanks,

• Jeavon Leopold 3072 posts 13628 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Oct 22, 2014 @ 08:59
    Jeavon Leopold

Hi, was it previously disabled? If so, your browser may require a hard cache clear...?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Oct 22, 2014 @ 09:02
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Zell

That seems odd indeed - Long shot, have you tried recycling the app pool to see if that's the culprit? It should just work but let's see if this makes it work.

Also...does your /app_data/logs file reveal any errors?

/Jan

Oct 22, 2014 @ 09:02
    zell

i can add + remove features from the text editor no problem.. but adding the mediapicker it just doesn't appear in the bar.

i tested adding a new property of the text editor after all the settings had been set to enabled and still the same result agianst the new property

• Mez Homaei 1 post 21 karma points
    Oct 22, 2014 @ 09:11
    Mez Homaei

Could be going crazy but the current version of TinyMCE installed on the Umbraco instance is 3.5.10 which was released in October last year. TinyMCE is now updated to version 4.1.6. Could this be a breaking change in the latest Umbraco release?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Oct 22, 2014 @ 09:23
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Mez and welcome to our :)

No, in version 7 v4 of tinymce is implemented. In versions lower than 7 it's true that it's 3.5.x that's being used.

/Jan

• Dennis Aaen 4500 posts 18255 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Oct 22, 2014 @ 09:26
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Zell,

What I notice is that your option to add the media picker in the Richtext Editor is named MediaModelPicker,

If I look into a fresh Umbraco 7.1.8 installation that I just installed, then the option for the media picker in the Richtext Editor is named umbmediapicker.

I think that is little bit odd that your media picker option in the Rich Text Editor has a different name.

/Dennis

Oct 22, 2014 @ 09:29
    zell

hmmm thanks for the feedback.

i did an update (via nuget) rather than a clean install.. possibly hasn't updated!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft