Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Haansi 51 posts 150 karma points
    Sep 04, 2014 @ 06:49
    Haansi

how to become Umbraco certified level 2 developer ?

I m sorry my question is different from this forum but I couldn't find a more relevant forum as well. Please feel free to guide or move this question to relevant area or forum.

I want to ask how to become Umbraco Certified Level 2 Developer ?  I googled and found a few courses on Umbraco certified Level 2 development. Does one requried to attempt and pass an exam ? Is attending training course necessary ? is it after attending training coruse one automatically became certified developer ?

Please suggest what sources one can use to became Umbraco certificed level 2 developer.

Thanks

• Dennis Aaen 4500 posts 18255 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Sep 04, 2014 @ 08:11
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Haansi,

To become an Umbraco certified level 2 developer you need to attending training course for Level 2. You can see here where and when you can get on a level 2 course http://umbraco.com/products/training.aspx You can attempt a Level 2 course without having the Level 1 course.

In the end of you course your need to pass an exam to become a Umbraco certified level 2 developer, back when I was on the level 1 course in Copenhagen, the exam was some quetions of multiple choice. about the topics that you have completed on the course.

If I remember correct you need at least 80% correct to pass the exam. And back when I took the level 1 we get 10 questions of multiple choice.

Hope this answers your questions about how to become an Umbraco certified level 2 developer

/Dennis

Sep 04, 2014 @ 08:24
    Haansi

Thanks Dennis, can I attempt certification exam without training ? Just like a normal .net certifications ?

Sep 04, 2014 @ 08:34
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Haansi,

No you can´t I attempt certification exam without training. You have to get on the course to get access to the exam test. You can see what topics you will cover on the Level 2 course. http://umbraco.com/products/training/level-2-course.aspx

No it´s like a normal .net certification the questions in the exam, are adapted to the topics that you have been through the course, and will be questions about how to use .NET in Umbraco.

Hope this has answered your question.

/Dennis

Sep 04, 2014 @ 08:41
    Haansi

Thanks Dennis

"No you can´t I attempt certification exam without training. You have to get on the course to get access to the exam test. You can see what topics you will cover on the Level 2 course. http://umbraco.com/products/training/level-2-course.aspx"

Sorry Dennis, do you mean it is hard to pass Umbraco certified exam without training ? or it means people who do not get training are not allowed to attempt exam ?

is there any renewal of exam as well or once passed you are certified developer for life ?

Thanks

Sep 04, 2014 @ 08:50
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Haansi,

It means people who do not get training can not take exam. The exam test will become available in your dashboard after you have been to the course.

I make a screenshot of my dashborad so you can see what I mean.

As you can see I have a Training and tests option (on Umbraco.com when you sign in), that option will be visible after you have been on the course. In there you get access to the exam test. And if you passed the exam then the Certification Badges will become visible :-) 

Once passed the exam you are certified developer for life.

/Dennis

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft