Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tom 713 posts 954 karma points
    Sep 03, 2014 @ 02:25
    Tom

7.1.6 installer - choose database to install to?

Hi I was wondering why you guys removed the option to choose which database to install to? I just ran up an install from a nuget package and didn't get to throw in my sql server credentials?

How would we go about changing that? do I need to switch the connection string and re-install?

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Sep 03, 2014 @ 08:31
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Tom,

In Umbraco 7, the database that is used by default is the SQLCE, by you can choose to use other database, when you are doing the installation. On the installation screen you see a grey customize button, in there you can specify the database you want to use.

Bu you have to fill out the information on the install screen to be able to click the customize button.

You can choose you re-install, or you could convert your SQLCE datbase, to an SQL Server, by using e.g Webmatrix. Webmatrix can do the convertion for you. Try to see my and Yoni´s post here: http://our.umbraco.org/forum/umbraco-7/using-umbraco-7/53818-Convert-Umbraco-SQL-CE-database-to-SQL-Express

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

• Tom 713 posts 954 karma points
    Sep 03, 2014 @ 08:51
    Tom

Thanks Dennis,

Most appreciated :)

Seems a bit presumptious to exclude any database setup unless the user knows what they're customising.. maybe could you guys include something on the install screen as some help text or explain it because if you click continue it's then too late.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft