Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Nik Njegovan 4 posts 27 karma points
    Aug 04, 2014 @ 19:14
    Nik Njegovan

Unlock a user

Hi there,

I have locked my admin user and I can't get into the UI to update anything. I have access to the database and was hoping to be able to update a flag there to unlock my admin user. The error that I get when I try to log in is this:

"Cannot validate member admin because they are currently locked out"

I've traced it to the web membership provider but I have no idea what to do from there. Any help is appreciated. 

Thanks

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15477 karma points MVP admin hq
    Aug 04, 2014 @ 20:14
    Sebastiaan Janssen

You should update the userNoConsole field in the UmbracoUser to be false or 0.

http://our.umbraco.org/forum/umbraco-7/using-umbraco-7/50407-Login-failed-for-user-in-Umbraco-7?p=1#comment189379

• Nik Njegovan 4 posts 27 karma points
    Aug 04, 2014 @ 20:33
    Nik Njegovan

Thank you for your quick reply. I did as you suggested and increased the MaxPasswordAttempts in my web.config and I currently have passwordFormat="clear"

I seem to still be getting this error:

2014-08-04 11:17:26,940 [55] INFO  Umbraco.Web.Security.Providers.UmbracoMembershipProvider`2[[Umbraco.Core.Services.IMembershipUserService, Umbraco.Core, Version=1.0.5261.28127, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null],[Umbraco.Core.Models.Membership.IUser, Umbraco.Core, Version=1.0.5261.28127, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null]] - [Thread 18] Can not validate member admin because they are currently locked out

This is the admin row in the database: 

id userDisabled userNoConsole userType startStructureID startMediaID userName userLogin userPassword userEmail userDefaultPermissions userLanguage defaultToLiveEditing
    0 False False 1 -1 -1 admin admin default [email protected] NULL en False
  • Dhiren 60 posts 202 karma points
    Mar 20, 2015 @ 09:55
    Dhiren

Hi Nik,

I had a same situation. I tried to restart application by chanigng in web.config and then tried to login. It worked for me!!

Thanks,
    Dhiren 

• Sabkhan 1 post 21 karma points
    Jan 06, 2016 @ 14:08
    Sabkhan

where to change in the web.config? Khan

• MrFlo 159 posts 403 karma points
    Jan 12, 2016 @ 12:09
    MrFlo

I got the same problem. It's due to multiple password errors and I think in my case it's also coming from the fact that I switched network many times (different IPs)

It could be confusing also because the first error you got is a JS error:

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 400 (Bad Request)

Then you check the log file and you see :

INFO  Umbraco.Core.Security.BackOfficeSignInManager - Event Id: 0, state: Login attempt failed for username admin from IP address ::1, the user is locked

Solution is to:

1. change the "userNoConsole" field to false for your user in the "umbracoUser" database
    2. "Touch" your web.config (add a space and save it) or restart appPool
Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft