Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Manu Claessens 23 posts 63 karma points
    May 15, 2014 @ 22:08
    Manu Claessens

Umbraco 7 not possible in production with sql ce?

I have created an Umbraco v7 website with sql ce that works perfectly fine in development environment.

However, when moving it to production, it gives below error.

I would find it strange that Umbraco7 does not support sql ce, so can anyone tell me how to fix this?

Big thanks beforehand!

Manu

Server Error in '/' Application.

Keyword not supported: 'flush interval'.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: Keyword not supported: 'flush interval'.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[ArgumentException: Keyword not supported: 'flush interval'.]
       System.Data.Common.DbConnectionOptions.ParseInternal(Hashtable parsetable, String connectionString, Boolean buildChain, Hashtable synonyms, Boolean firstKey) +5384504
       System.Data.Common.DbConnectionOptions..ctor(String connectionString, Hashtable synonyms, Boolean useOdbcRules) +95
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionString..ctor(String connectionString) +59
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionFactory.CreateConnectionOptions(String connectionString, DbConnectionOptions previous) +24
       System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetConnectionPoolGroup(DbConnectionPoolKey key, DbConnectionPoolGroupOptions poolOptions, DbConnectionOptions& userConnectionOptions) +167
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.ConnectionString_Set(DbConnectionPoolKey key) +61
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.set_ConnectionString(String value) +66
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection..ctor(String connectionString, SqlCredential credential) +26
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection..ctor(String connectionString) +6
       Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Data.SqlHelper.ExecuteReader(String connectionString, CommandType commandType, String commandText, SqlParameter[] commandParameters) +47
       umbraco.DataLayer.SqlHelpers.SqlServer.SqlServerHelper.ExecuteReader(String commandText, SqlParameter[] parameters) +37
       umbraco.DataLayer.SqlHelper`1.ExecuteReader(String commandText, IParameter[] parameters) +82

[SqlHelperException: Umbraco Exception (DataLayer): SQL helper exception in ExecuteReader]
       umbraco.DataLayer.SqlHelper`1.ExecuteReader(String commandText, IParameter[] parameters) +202
       umbraco.cms.businesslogic.web.Domain.<GetDomains>b__0() +77
       Umbraco.Core.Cache.<>c__DisplayClass1`1.<GetCacheItem>b__0() +10
       Umbraco.Core.Cache.HttpRuntimeCacheProvider.GetCacheItem(String cacheKey, Func`1 getCacheItem, Nullable`1 timeout, Boolean isSliding, CacheItemPriority priority, CacheItemRemovedCallback removedCallback, CacheDependency dependency) +247
       Umbraco.Core.Cache.HttpRuntimeCacheProvider.GetCacheItem(String cacheKey, Func`1 getCacheItem, Nullable`1 timeout, Boolean isSliding, CacheItemPriority priority, CacheItemRemovedCallback removedCallback, String[] dependentFiles) +107
       Umbraco.Core.Cache.CacheProviderExtensions.GetCacheItem(IRuntimeCacheProvider provider, String cacheKey, Func`1 getCacheItem, Nullable`1 timeout, Boolean isSliding, CacheItemPriority priority, CacheItemRemovedCallback removedCallback, String[] dependentFiles) +155
       Umbraco.Core.CacheHelper.GetCacheItem(String cacheKey, TimeSpan timeout, Func`1 getCacheItem) +277
       umbraco.cms.businesslogic.web.Domain.GetDomains(Boolean includeWildcards) +151
       Umbraco.Web.Routing.PublishedContentRequestEngine.FindDomain() +231
       Umbraco.Web.Routing.PublishedContentRequestEngine.PrepareRequest() +15
       Umbraco.Web.UmbracoModule.ProcessRequest(HttpContextBase httpContext) +358
       Umbraco.Web.UmbracoModule.<Init>b__a(Object sender, EventArgs e) +80
       System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +136
       System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +69

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.18447

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    May 15, 2014 @ 23:40
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Manu

Has the production environment been setup with the neccessary frameworks, permissions etc. that is required in order for Umbraco to work?

Has the IIS website been set up properly etc. etc.?

Is it a dedicated server or shared hosting? If it's shared hosting what company is it and do they support Umbraco in full trust?

/Jan

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    May 15, 2014 @ 23:42
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Manu

Have you installed some packages on the production server that you don't use on the local version btw?

/Jan

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15476 karma points MVP admin hq
    May 16, 2014 @ 09:13
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Sounds like the hosting provider doesn't support the latest version of SQL CE. The keyword was added in 4.0 and your host seems to be using 3.5 instead. It MIGHT work if you remove Flush Interval=1; from the connection string in your web.config.. but absolutely NO guarantees and it could corrupt your database if the hoster's installed version is different.

May 16, 2014 @ 11:07
    Manu Claessens

Hi everyone,

Thanks for all your replies. I'm hosting my website without any additional packages or anything on Godaddy servers. Currently I've put it on full trust as it doesn't seem to work on medium trust. It's working on ASP.NET 4.0.30319.18408 (just checking in Parallels Plesk).

Preferably don't want to try to remove the Flush interval as I'm looking for a constructive solution that is not prone to error.

Hopefully the above helps to identify the issue.

Thanks again! Manu

• DaveC 8 posts 28 karma points
    May 16, 2014 @ 21:30
    DaveC

Manu,  did you install Umbraco into Visual Studio via NuGet?

Did you publish your site with Visual Studio, FTP, or WebMatrix?  Or did GoDaddy install Umbraco for you from one of their web app installers?

Is your "development environment" on your computer or on a GoDaddy server?  Have you tried publishing a bare bones Umbraco site with SQL CE to your production environment as a test?

May 16, 2014 @ 22:21
    Manu Claessens

DaveC,

Website was created in Visual Studio via NuGet (as I needed MVC capabilities). Publishing however was done via Webmatrix as I feel this goes faster.

As such, it's actually just a Web Deploy file upload to the Umbraco server. The website I made on Umbraco v6 is working perfectly also with SQL CE, but Umbraco v7 sites all seem to give the same error as I tried multiple v7 sites.

No bare bones install done yet. If this would help localize the issue then I will try that first thing tomorrow. Any other ideas on what I did wrong?

Thanks! Manu

• DaveC 8 posts 28 karma points
    May 17, 2014 @ 04:05
    DaveC

Manu,

Okay.  I don't think you are doing anything wrong.  I am currently not able to publish an Umbraco SQL CE project from Visual Studio.  WebMatrix publishes the same project fine though.  That seems to be what you are doing...

Dave

May 19, 2014 @ 21:35
    Manu Claessens

Hi everyone,

Below some things I've tried with no success: @Sebastiaan: Removing the Flush Interval = 1 in the connection string does not help as I then get the following error:

A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified)

This seems to be a connection string issue which is very strange. Moreover, I recently discovered that for some reason Webmatrix is not copying the umbraco.sdf database to the AppData folder when I do my Web Deploy (despite the fact that it's in my project and clicked on to publish too). Haven't had this issue before. Nevertheless, even after copying it to AppData folder myself, the error still remains.

Any other ideas from someone on how to troubleshoot this?

Thanks! Manu

• Matthew 138 posts 201 karma points
    May 20, 2014 @ 02:08
    Matthew

Seems like everyone suggests SQL Express or better for production. Any reason not to?

May 20, 2014 @ 19:29
    Manu Claessens

Hey Matthew,

I don't have anything against SQL Express as such, but I'm a hobby programmer that hasn't worked a lot with databases/SQL Server Management Studio etc. Therefore, using SQL CE is a good out-of-the-box solution that doesn't require setup with database migration, connection string setup etc... Anyway, viewing SQL CE does not seem to be supported in production, I guess I'll have to make the jump to SQL Express.

I've been reading some documentation meanwhile and managed to convert my umbraco.sdf to an umbraco.mdf database. Now I still need to get it working with a correct connection string, but haven't found a solution yet. Can anyone give me an example of their web.config settings on public hosting to connect to a database?

Thanks! Manu

• Carlos Mosqueda 240 posts 431 karma points
    Sep 25, 2014 @ 19:45
    Carlos Mosqueda

Hey Manu,

Did you ever find a solution for this? My SqlCE had the same issue when using Plesk. All permissions were set correctly with the same version of .NET.  I really don't want to use SQL or other DB, but I guess I can, just the ease of using SqlCE that is just supposed to work. Works in local but not on the production server.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft