Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Deeds 12 posts 112 karma points
    Feb 19, 2014 @ 16:16
    Deeds

Notifications - between a "writer" and an "editor"

Currently using V7.0.3 - have created a user who is a writer and a user who is an editor.

If I make changes I can see as a writer it allows me to "save and send for approval".

Question is send what and where? If I log in as an editor or administrator I see no notifications about any change having been made, nor does any emails get sent regarding notifications.

Any help would be appreciated - is there something I've missed in a config file or setting or is it an issue with this version?

• Matt Linsenbardt 24 posts 147 karma points
    Feb 19, 2014 @ 22:04
    Matt Linsenbardt

Hi Deeds,

The notifications are sent via email with links to publish the new content embeded within the email. To enable notifications, log in as the user to be notified, right click on the content tree of the area you wish to be notified about and select notifications. Subscribe to the "Send To Publish" event.

More info can be found here (although UI is different, functionality seems consistent)
    http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/how-tos/creating-an-edit-approve-workflow

- Matt

• Deeds 12 posts 112 karma points
    Feb 20, 2014 @ 11:43
    Deeds

Got it working now thanks - was confused over the UI more than likely. Wondering though if these emails can be styled and if so where?

P :)

• Matt Linsenbardt 24 posts 147 karma points
    Feb 20, 2014 @ 16:53
    Matt Linsenbardt

Yes, you can find the HTML markup in the /Umbraco/Config/Lang localization file. Alias "mailBodyHtml".

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft