Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Johan 1 post 71 karma points
    Jan 27, 2016 @ 10:41
    Johan

New section/application without tree as a Package/Plugin

Hi!

I am rather new to Umbraco.

I am trying to extend the backoffice with a custom/section application. I have found different ways to this e.g. implementing the IApplication interface as well as using the the sectionService on application start up.

I have seen tutorials on how to create a custom tree, but the thing is I wish to create a section/application without a tree and rather have a "dashboard" covering the whole area to the right of the sections-menu when clicking the icon for my custom section,

Also this I have been able to achieve, by eiting the "dashboard.config" in the config folder of my sight.

I have also been able to wire up an angular controller to my dashboard.

The thing is I would like to put all this in a separate class library as a package/plugin but uforunately I find the documentation for doing this obsolete.

I have realized I should have an App_Plugins folder with an Area folder containig a package.manifest and that I in this manifest file can reference javascript files and CSS file.

But I also want to put my "customDashborad.html" in the package/plugin. Also I want the dashboard.config of my sight to be updates with my custom "dashboard-section" on install.

I understand this last bit requires using a "Package Action". However I have not been able to find any documentation on how to do this for U7/Belle.

I am impressed with Umbraco so far but feel a little bit limited by the fact that the docs are somewhat incomplete.

Any help with how to achieve the above would be greatly appreciated.

/Johan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft