Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Brian 77 posts 251 karma points
    Dec 15, 2014 @ 13:49
    Brian

'Wishlist' Package??

Hi guys,

I'm currently developing an estate agent's website where the site visitors will be able to save their favourite properties to a wishlist which they will be able to view in list format on a wishlist page.

I have tried looking for a suitable package (it seems like the kind of thing that must have been done before!) but I have not found anything suitable.

Does anybody know of any packages that could be a good starter for the above?

Thanks peeps,

Brian

• Steve Morgan 1346 posts 4453 karma points c-trib
    Jan 06, 2015 @ 18:34
    Steve Morgan

Hi,

There are no packages that will help I don't think as most people would handle it in code. Are you needing these wishlists to be preserved (e.g. user goes away and comes back days later?). Are the users logged in?

If it's just whilst they are browsing the site and there is no need to store them then I'd just store the property (nodes?) IDs to the user's session and then on this wishlist page list these properties out - use a Partial Macro View razor script.

Here is a dump of some of my notes that reminds me how to use session variables (e.g. the variables don't relate to your problem) - you'll need to pop IDs onto an array.. google .NET array in session variable.

// set value HttpContext.Current.Session["redirectURL"] = HttpContext.Current.Request.Url.ToString(); // Get value var redirectUrl = (string)HttpContext.Current.Session["ProtURL"]; // check it’s not null if (HttpContext.Current.Session["ProtURL"] != null) { // something } // clear the session variable for future logins HttpContext.Current.Session["redirectURL"] = null;
    However if you need these property wishlists to last beyond a .net session then you'll need users to login so you're looking at storing to a custom field on the membership?
    HTH

Steve 

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft