Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Angie Winterbottom 5 posts 26 karma points
    May 09, 2014 @ 11:07
    Angie Winterbottom

Are there docs for Umbraco admin front-end?

I am building my own section on my Umbraco admin suite, a custom data collection area for some forms I built on the site.

Are there any docs on developing for the admin suite front-end? i.e. the templates, how angular is being used and what custom directives there are, etc.

Specifically, right now I'd like to reuse the datepicker that's used for "publish date".

I can see its template is here:

\umbraco\Views\propertyeditors\datepicker\datepicker.html

.... but I feel I'm just hunting and pecking, I'm wondering if there are any docs written up.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    May 09, 2014 @ 11:17
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Angie

There is some documentation here http://umbraco.github.io/Belle/#/api

And there is a tutorial on how to create a property editor as well.

Hope this helps.

/Jan

• Angie Winterbottom 5 posts 26 karma points
    May 09, 2014 @ 16:53
    Angie Winterbottom

Well, I've had a look through, but I think I need a more general guide / introduction.

Is there anything along the lines of "this is how you add a page for your section (application) - this is the title, these are the tabs, this is how you use the built-in Umbraco property editors, this is how routing is set up" etc?

Based on info from the "Getting Started" thread, demo project and various blog posts, I've managed to add a new section (which shows up as [dataCollectionSection] rather than the name of the section that appears in applications.config, I don't know why), and I managed to add two tree nodes, and found that I can add a template by putting stuff into [pluginName]/backoffice/[TreeName]/edit.html

I've tried editing Dashboard.config, hoping I could point it at a default template - but that doesn't seem to have any effect. I've tried editing trees.config hoping to get the label for the section to be nicer, but that doesn't seem to have any effect either.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    May 09, 2014 @ 23:15
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Angie

No I'm afraid that more thorough documentation does not currently exist.

But is there something specific you're trying to achieve? Perhaps we can figure it out together.

Cheers, Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft