Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Kevin Jump 2311 posts 14697 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    Apr 02, 2014 @ 11:25
    Kevin Jump

Best Practice for Load Control after installation

With Umbraco 7 Packages - the package creator still lets you define what user control to load after installation

Load control after installation (ex: /usercontrols/installer.ascx)

but we all live in the wonderful MVC/Angular world now - so what's the best practice for creating a page to be loaded after the installation of a package?

• DFBerry 53 posts 130 karma points
    Jan 08, 2015 @ 22:46
    DFBerry

Hi Kevin,

I'm trying the same thing. Did you figure out if it is possible? Is there a package or more information any where?

Thanks,

Dina

• Nicholas Westby 2054 posts 7100 karma points c-trib
    Nov 26, 2015 @ 07:55
    Nicholas Westby

I guess we must still be in the dark ages when it comes to creating package installers. When I attempted to specify an HTML file (containing AngularJS) as the page to load after installation, this is the error message I was greeted with:

Error

For the search engines, that error is:

There is no build provider registered for the extension '.html'. You can register one in the <compilation><buildProviders> section in machine.config or web.config. Make sure is has a BuildProviderAppliesToAttribute attribute which includes the value 'Web' or 'All'.

And the stack trace was:

[HttpException (0x80004005): There is no build provider registered for the extension '.html'. You can register one in the <compilation><buildProviders> section in machine.config or web.config. Make sure is has a BuildProviderAppliesToAttribute attribute which includes the value 'Web' or 'All'.]
       System.Web.Compilation.CompilationUtil.GetBuildProviderTypeFromExtension(CompilationSection config, String extension, BuildProviderAppliesTo neededFor, Boolean failIfUnknown) +9525725
       System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CreateBuildProvider(VirtualPath virtualPath, BuildProviderAppliesTo neededFor, CompilationSection compConfig, ICollection referencedAssemblies, Boolean failIfUnknown) +40
       System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CompileWebFile(VirtualPath virtualPath) +264
       System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultInternal(VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile, Boolean throwIfNotFound, Boolean ensureIsUpToDate) +299
       System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultWithNoAssert(HttpContext context, VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile, Boolean throwIfNotFound, Boolean ensureIsUpToDate) +103
       System.Web.UI.TemplateControl.LoadControl(VirtualPath virtualPath) +102
       System.Web.UI.TemplateControl.LoadControl(String virtualPath) +26
       umbraco.presentation.developer.packages.Installer.ProcessInstall(String currentStep) +1270
       umbraco.presentation.developer.packages.Installer.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +571
       System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +51
       System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +92
       umbraco.BasePages.BasePage.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +59
       System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +54
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +772

• Nicholas Westby 2054 posts 7100 karma points c-trib
    Nov 29, 2015 @ 01:00
    Nicholas Westby

I have submitted a feature request for this: http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-7471

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft