Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• David 13 posts 33 karma points
    Jan 18, 2011 @ 12:26
    David

Adding Javascript to header contents dynamically

I am creating a site which will tie in to numerous affiliate sites.  Each of these affiliates has different javascript that needs to be added to the header contents of the page.  I would like to just use one template with a contentplaceholder and add the script dynamically.  I've tried adding a textbox multiple on the doctype and then adding an umbraco item within the contentplaceholder but I get a potentially dangerous code error when trying to save and publish.  Am I missing something ... am I going about this the wrong way .... does anyone have any ideas?

• Michael Latouche 504 posts 819 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Jan 18, 2011 @ 13:21
    Michael Latouche

Hi David,

Maybe you can create a javascript files "pool" somewhere in your site structure and then add a multipicker as document type property, pointing to that pool. Then you only need to create a macro which you can integrate in your contentplaceholder, to get the list of items selected on the document and generate the proper JavaScript includes.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Michael.

• Chris Houston 535 posts 980 karma points MVP admin c-trib
    Jan 18, 2011 @ 23:47
    Chris Houston

Hi David,

I have tried to reply to your post 3 times now, and each time our seems to be letting me down and not saving it, so you might end up with three responses, or none!

I agree with Mike that you should probably do this using a XSLT or .NET macro.

You might find that the ability to add XSLT files anywhere on a page is also useful, have a look at the following WIKI page:

http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/reference/umbracolibrary/registerjavascriptfile

Cheers,

Chris

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft