Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jebastin 42 posts 91 karma points
    Nov 30, 2018 @ 17:36
    Jebastin

Media items are lost from front end view until a Save is performed on the media folders in the back-end media tree

I have a strange behaviour on one of the Umbraco sites. I have a razor macro that loop through folders and files in the media tree and writes out links to the files. The macro is working fine on the site for several days but then for some unknown reason the macro can't find any items in the media tree.

If I login to the back-end of the site, I can browse the media tree and see the files / folders are still there. Items are still not being displayed by the macro. However, if I save a folder in the media tree then this makes the folder contents visible again in the macro output.

I must save each folder in the media tree; saving a folder does not mean content from sub folders is displayed. The site then runs fine for a few days and then it suddenly happens again, and I must save all the folders.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

• Marc Goodson 2148 posts 14353 karma points MVP 8x c-trib
    Nov 30, 2018 @ 19:45
    Marc Goodson

Hi Jebastin

Do the media items return if you rebuild your InternalIndexer examine index - from the Examine dashboard in the developer section?

Saving an item will add it to this index, and an examine layer is used over media, when you are iterating folder contents...

... it would be interesting to see when your items disappear again, whether they have been removed from the internal examine index too.

(Which version of Umbraco are you using?)

Would check that the indexes rebuild successfully, and the path to where they are created on disk, (the application pool account) has the correct permissions to allow Umbraco to be able to write there.

regards

marc

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft