Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• adrian 8 posts 39 karma points
    Nov 08, 2017 @ 08:42
    adrian

Strongly typed models in whole project

Hi all

I wondering if is possible to REMOVE ability to manage content types by umbraco GUI and using ONLY strongly typed models like these from models.generated.cs file.

As we know in each case after modify content types on staging env. is necessary to make these same changes manually in a production environment.

Will be great when after adding new property into models.generated.cs file, the property will shown on content type definition on GUI.

I believe that somebody already create similar solution because from my (developer) perspective this is the weakest think in umbraco.

Please for help thanks, Adrian

• Matthew Wise 271 posts 1373 karma points MVP 4x c-trib
    Nov 08, 2017 @ 09:21
    Matthew Wise

Hi Adrian,

Take a look at Usync https://our.umbraco.org/projects/developer-tools/usync/

It serializes changes out so you can then import them to other environments.

Matt

• adrian 8 posts 39 karma points
    Nov 29, 2017 @ 11:59
    adrian

Thanks Matt

It is not exactly this what I'm looking for but partially helps.

regards, Adrian

• Ben Palmer 176 posts 842 karma points c-trib
    Nov 29, 2017 @ 12:32
    Ben Palmer

Hi adrian,

Usync definitely solves the problem of having to recreate your document types etc elsewhere so should solve that part of the problem.

In terms of not allowing changes to be made in Umbraco itself, would it be enough to simply remove the Settings tab permissions from those users or do they need access to other things in there?

I'm not aware of a package to go from code to document types but Umbraco is very easily extensible by using Events and their ContentTypeService. You'd be able to quite easily code something to create the document types on startup perhaps that keeps them in sync.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft