Press Ctrl / CMD + C to copy this to your clipboard.
This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at
I have created a Macro Partial View with 'Textarea' input type defined on two of the fields (each field corresponds to a person's bio description-split into two parts). The macro is working as intended as far as functionality is concerned. However, it is not parsing/rendering text correctly.
1) I went to the Content section and inserted the macro on the appropriate page.
2) I've ensured that my div class names and IDs are accurate.
3) I copy-pasted a text description in the Textarea property and clicked save/publish (no errors).
4) Apostrophes are being displayed as ' on the webpage.
5) I've also tried manually typing in the content (instead of pasting it), but the problem remains.
6) I have the following tag in the head of the HTML master layout page:
Essentially, the Textarea input field is parsing apostrophes as their equivalent HTML entity code, and I don't know how to prevent it from doing that. I've tried to clear cache and restart the application pool, but the problem remains. This is not happening anywhere else on the site, and I have lots of text and content that is being rendered from macros, as well as regular templates and partials.
What I'm working with:
Would really appreciate your help!
Was this copied from a Word doc (or any Office doc) by chance?
Thanks for the reply, Proxicode. I'm aware of what you're hinting at, so I've physically typed the text, yet I'm still facing the same problem.
I had to wrap the result of my Textarea property in @Html.Raw()
Now, the characters appear correctly (unencoded).
Thanks to Dennis A. from Umbraco support.
is working on a reply...
Write your reply to:
Image will be uploaded when post is submitted