Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• JansyRani 21 posts 111 karma points
    Oct 05, 2017 @ 05:25
    JansyRani

Things to Consider when upgrade umbraco version 7.4.3 to latest version

Hi Friends, I have implemented the project with the version of 7.4.3. Now I want to update the Umbraco version. If I update the latest version what are the things I need to consider & what are the steps to follow without losing data and files.

Please help me to solve this problem.

Thank you.

//Jansy

• Steve Morgan 1346 posts 4453 karma points c-trib
    Oct 05, 2017 @ 08:26
    Steve Morgan

Hi Jansy,

Do you have a local copy of the website - is there are a Visual Studio solution for it? It depends what setup you have really but it should be relatively trivial. If you have the solution then you should be able to run the nuget update and then publish an update to the site - if it's running as a simple site it can just be a matter of applying the download zip.

I'd recommend that you take a backup of the database and a copy of the files and try it locally first. Check what packages, if any, you have installed and check these for any compatibility problems (particularly if there is anything complex like eCommerce involved!).

A vanilla Umbraco website will usually upgrade very easily - that said I've come across some funky setups that have been more challenging!

I take it you've see this: https://our.umbraco.org/documentation/getting-started/setup/upgrading/general

If you check the packages and any custom code and want any further help post what you have in the setup here and I'm sure the community can warn you of any gotchas!

Good luck!

Steve

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft