Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• richard coates 7 posts 87 karma points
    Sep 13, 2017 @ 14:25
    richard coates

Creating and using a document type

Hi,

I have been given an umbraco site to edit and lets just say I am really struggling and need some help.

I am trying to add a page to an existing site which has a slightly different layout than a similar page within the same site.

I first went into Document types and copied the original page and gave it another name (lets say IPS). I then edited the generic properties of IPS to include 3 new expandable areas. The original page had four and now IPS has 7.

I then created the page in the correct location and assigned it a document type of IPS. When I click on the page in the left hand menu I can see all 7 expandable sections listed.

The issue I have is that within each tab there is only a text box for a title entry and not a description entry box which is what the original page has.

On the original page the first expandable are shows the following.

Original expandable area

The new page shows the following

IPS expandable area

As I copied the original document type I thought I would get the same view, also I amended the IPS document type to add in 3 new expandable areas and these tabs have appeared. What am I missing.

I am very new to Umbraco and have been reading the help documentation and watching a pluralsight video but I cant seem to sort this issue.

Thanks

• Nigel Wilson 944 posts 2076 karma points
    Sep 13, 2017 @ 19:50
    Nigel Wilson

Hi Richard

Firstly I feel your pain - I have been working with Umbraco for a number of years and remember the initial learning curve pain, but in all honesty I simply love the progression made and how you are like an artist, sculpting your site the way you want it - no OOTB stuff like other well known CMS's / blog platforms that have been adopted as a CMS for websites.

In terms of your new document type when copying it there has been a wee hiccup in setting the properties. I would suggest viewing the original document type setup to determine the Rich Text Editor property and then on your newly copied one double check the settings - from the screenshots provided it looks to have added a multi node picker where you were expecting a RTE.

Appreciate it's a bit frustrating / confusing but I have experienced the same previously but it's a minor thing and easily rectified.

Hope this helps

Nigel

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft