Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Kip Carter 42 posts 201 karma points
    Jul 26, 2017 @ 16:27
    Kip Carter

I'm still a novice editing Umbraco directly but since setting up my first site and adding several blog posts to it, I am convinced that there must be a better extension/add on which would provide a more robust blog section to my site.

Can some of you that are blog aware, take a peek at my blog section and give me some recommendations on what I can install to give this some more capabilities like comments, and better aesthetics.

The site is at http://kip-c.com click on the blog section and let me know what my next step might be.

I'm hoping to improve my skills with Umbraco but slow going!

regards, Kip

• Nik 1593 posts 7151 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Jul 26, 2017 @ 21:22
    Nik

Hi Kip,

What do you mean by a more robust blog section?

One of the most popular add-ons for doing a blog is Articulate (https://our.umbraco.org/projects/starter-kits/articulate/) it's a great bit of kit that includes a startkit for getting your blog up and running. Could be worth having a look into?

Nik

• Kip Carter 42 posts 201 karma points
    Jul 26, 2017 @ 21:30
    Kip Carter

What I'm looking for is something with comment capability with approval, and style enhancements to the existing blog layout which includes only pictures, headlines, and text.

I would like to have a style for quoted text as I do blogging on scripture and so I'm constantly quoting verses and it would be much better if I had a way to set that text off totally different from other text.

I'll check out articulate... thanks. Kip

• Nik 1593 posts 7151 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Jul 26, 2017 @ 21:43
    Nik

With regards to Comments, something like adding Disqus to your blog could be a great way to go about it. Disqus, as far as I'm aware, has an approval process. Alternatively, you could look at using Umbraco Forms/Formulate to add a form which receives comments. These can then be marked for approval in the back office and you can look up results based on where they come from.

However, as far as I know, there isn't a blog add-on that has all of these features out of the box, someone else might be able to enlighten us both if there is.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft