Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Sarah 7 posts 77 karma points
    Jun 02, 2017 @ 14:52
    Sarah

We are trying to get a duration between 2 dates to display a total number of days in an email we receive from a contact form. What we have at the moment is:

ef.AddRow("Duration", String.Format("{0} Days", DateTime.Parse(TbToDate.Text).Date.Subtract(DateTime.Parse(TbFromDate.Text).Date).TotalDays));

However, when we enter a date, e.g. 1/6/2017 and end date 3/6/2017 the duration shows as 2 days which isn't correct for our purpose as we need to include the first day as well, so the calculation shows as 3 days...any help would be appreciated. I guess we should be adding a +1 somewhere, but I'm very very new to ASP.Net.

• Nik 1593 posts 7151 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Jun 02, 2017 @ 15:10
    Nik

Hi Sarah,

I think that your best bet may be something similar to that.

DateTime.Parse(TbToDate.Text).Date.AddDays(-1).Subtract(DateTime.Parse(TbFromDate.Text).Date).TotalDays));

It's not the most elegant solution, but it would achieve what you are after.

Thanks,

Nik

• Sarah 7 posts 77 karma points
    Jun 02, 2017 @ 15:27
    Sarah

Thanks for your suggestions. Nik, thank you - this actually subtracted the days meaning a 3 day hire period was reduced to 1, but using:

DateTime.Parse(TbToDate.Text).Date.AddDays(+1).Subtract(DateTime.Parse(TbFromDate.Text).Date).TotalDays));

has worked beautifully. Thank you!!

• Nik 1593 posts 7151 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Jun 02, 2017 @ 15:37
    Nik

Oops, that was my bad, I meant to subtract a day from the start date sorry about that.

Well done on getting it working :-)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft