Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Romix2017 23 posts 183 karma points
    May 21, 2017 @ 16:20
    Romix2017

Courusel component umbraco 7

Very good day! I need to create a courusel with photos, so user supposed to have ability to add and remove photos from that courusel also that courusel has to be like component, so once created, I can put it on any page just like new property but also it should be changeable, so add photo, remove photo for site editor should not be a problem. Please, give me some insight, guys

• Søren Kottal 702 posts 4497 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    May 21, 2017 @ 18:49
    Søren Kottal

Hi Romix

Welcome to the community :)

I use the grid editor for most of my solutions, and adding that, plus an editor created with the wonderful package Doc Type Grid Editor (https://our.umbraco.org/projects/backoffice-extensions/doc-type-grid-editor/) makes it easy to create these kinds of components.

In this situation, you would create a doctype for your carousel containing a multiple media picker.

You could also go all in and combine it with Nested Content (https://our.umbraco.org/projects/backoffice-extensions/nested-content/), where you then would need a doctype for each slide (think, image, captions, links etc.), and then your doctype for the carousel containing a nested content editor with your slide-doctype.

May 21, 2017 @ 19:57
    Romix2017

Thank you for answering! Is there any other way? Initially, I thought that can be achieved by using macros, because I don't want to use doc type, I mean not in this way, like for every pic in corousel I need to create a special page, I just want to put macros carousel on the doctype, so macros supposed to have multi picker for images and extra fields for link, name of the pic etc, is it possible to achieve that?

• Søren Kottal 702 posts 4497 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    May 21, 2017 @ 20:18
    Søren Kottal

Yes, you could use macros too. But the grid is like the RTE on steroids. You can add rich text editors, images, your own stuff (even macros) etc.

You don't have to create a page for each carousel in this approach. Only the doctype. Or macro if you use that approach, but my experience is that editors like Doc Type Grid Editor better.

May 21, 2017 @ 20:53
    Romix2017

Ok, thank you for your help!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft