Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Lee 1130 posts 3088 karma points
    Jan 14, 2010 @ 09:22
    Lee

A Social Forum? And General Coding Forum?

1. Be really good to have a 'social' sub forum, one that people can just post general, un-code related stuff too?  Place for funny stuff, life related things?  I have been running a large niche car forum for 6 years, and we have a section called 'The Lounge' which is REALLY popular (We even have a 'Never ending thread' in the lounge with is at something stupid like 140 pages.. lol)

2. Also I think a 'General Development' forum would be really useful, as people build Umbraco sites you tend to get non Umbraco related problems (JQuery Syntax, JS Questions, .NET related Questions) so a forum for people to post these in would be pretty cool?

Anyway, just my two pence worth

Jul 09, 2010 @ 10:58
    Lee

Bump :|

• Matt Brailsford 4124 posts 22215 karma points MVP 9x c-trib
    Jul 09, 2010 @ 10:58
    Matt Brailsford

+ 1 from me

• Simon Dingley 1470 posts 3427 karma points c-trib
    Jul 09, 2010 @ 11:08
    Simon Dingley

With regards to the social forum (Lounge), if it went ahead I don't think should be included in the feed on the homepage, I am in two minds about that one because to me Twitter is the lounge :) The General forum is a good idea though and may encourage others from outside the community to come in an discover Umbraco in the process.

Jul 09, 2010 @ 11:21
    Lee

I agree about the feed too, but the lounge was just an idea :)  If they considered these maybe a poll would work?  I do think some general dev forums are a must though?

• Matt Brailsford 4124 posts 22215 karma points MVP 9x c-trib
    Jul 09, 2010 @ 11:24
    Matt Brailsford

Yea, I'm not too fussed about the general chit-chat forum. It's definatley all about the general .NET forums for me. You get to know people in the Umbraco community and respect their opinions, so it would just be real nice to have a place to ask generic .NET / industry related questions.

Matt

Jul 09, 2010 @ 11:29
    Lee

Oh and if this forum gets created I am entitled to half of all Matts Karma for the rest of the year :|  I think thats a fair prize for coming up with these amazing ideas :P

• David Conlisk 432 posts 1008 karma points
    Jul 09, 2010 @ 11:57
    David Conlisk

I agree with Matt - there are some excellent brains to be picked in the community, and it's friendlier than say Stack Overflow or others. I often have non-Umbraco specific questions for Umbraco sites I'm working on, e.g. can anyone recommend a good jquery modal popup tool (yesterday's one!), which don't fit anywhere else in the forum. Twitter's good for this too, but the forum could be better.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft