Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Matti 15 posts 35 karma points
    Mar 25, 2010 @ 01:57
    Matti

Server error when deleting doctype property

I get an "Object reference not set to an instance of an object. " when trying to delete properties from documenttypes. Is anyone familiar with this error? It used to work fine...

Umb 4.0.3 / IIS 7.5

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
       umbraco.cms.businesslogic.propertytype.PropertyType.delete() +76
       umbraco.controls.ContentTypeControlNew.gpw_Delete(Object sender, EventArgs e) +51
       umbraco.controls.GenericProperties.GenericPropertyWrapper.GenericPropertyWrapper_Delete(Object sender, EventArgs e) +28
       System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e) +0
       umbraco.controls.GenericProperties.GenericProperty.DeleteButton2_Click(Object sender, ImageClickEventArgs e) +28
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.ImageButton.OnClick(ImageClickEventArgs e) +108
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.ImageButton.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +118
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.ImageButton.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +10
       System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +13
       System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +36
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1565
  • Chris Gaskell 59 posts 142 karma points
    Mar 25, 2010 @ 09:27
    Chris Gaskell

Hey,

I have experienced similar when my doctypes have been nested - deleting properties from a parent has sometimes caused the above.

Where do you see this error on the doctype admin or the content admin screens?

Thanks,

Chris.

• Matti 15 posts 35 karma points
    Mar 25, 2010 @ 10:13
    Matti

This is from /Settings/Document Types and the doctype is nested :/

How did you get around it?

• Nicolás Lope de Barrios 21 posts 42 karma points
    Mar 29, 2010 @ 16:58
Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft