Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• TimMather 67 posts 78 karma points
    May 14, 2013 @ 14:35
    TimMather

Clean install 6.0.5, memory problems.

Been having big problems with v6.0.5 of Umbraco. Upgraded a number of sites from 4.7.2 due to the security vulnerabilities and took the oppurtunity to get to the latest version. Turns out that was a bad move. The upgraded builds are now eating memory at a huge rate, one site running at 700mb or ram that used to be 150mb max. As a result I put a new build of v6.0.5 with three pages and one template and its just reached 500mb. This was a totally clean build and has no load only what was need to create the templates and stylesheets. Very worried as we have 5 builds going out the door this month all on the latest version with no option to "downgrade".

This is on Windows 2008 and IIS 7.

Very much appreciate any ideas.

• William Burnett 213 posts 262 karma points
    May 14, 2013 @ 15:40
    William Burnett

Rather concerning to say the least.

It has been nearly a year since V5 was killed and numerous promises were made to focus on delivery of a stable and reliable product. From my perspective, it is business as usual. I don't understand the constant need to add features (and their resulting bugs) while there are still numerous issues to fix (some of them dating back several years). As much as I love Umbraco, this is one of the most frustrating projects I have ever been involved with. It would appear that it is still poorly organized with no clear direction or workflow. The "vote it up" methodology is broken, yet still relied upon. The need to use winmerge for every upgrade is frustrating at best and the documentation is fragmented over too many sites and tools. This project needs reigned in and pointed in a clear direction, or the wheels are going to come off of it fully.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft