Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Greg Berlin 818 posts 634 karma points
    Apr 06, 2013 @ 04:57
    Greg Berlin

Site Unpublishes Itself - 4.6.1

This has been happening for the past few weeks.. every now and then the site just unpublishes itself completely.  The fix is to log in to umbraco, and republish entire site, then it works again.

I've looked through the error logs and can't see anything that would point to why it's getting unpublished.

I dont know if the umbraco.config file remains on the server or not - i'll have to wait until next time it happens to check that.

Any ideas what could be happening?

Thanks heaps

greg

• Greg Berlin 818 posts 634 karma points
    Apr 11, 2013 @ 22:57
    Greg Berlin

Really?  Nobody can offer anything on this?  

It just happened again now (third time since this post, but first time i've been able to check on it right away).

At the time of the failure, the following entry is recorded in the log:

Administrator -1   11/04/2013
    13:20:17
    Debug Xml saved in 00:00:00.0029850
    Administrator -1   11/04/2013
    13:10:42
    Error At /en/resources/guestbook/ (Referred by: http://www.divezone-lombok.com/en/resources/guestbook/):

However the umbraco.config that is created is only 83 bytes big, and contains only the following content:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <!DOCTYPE root[ 

]>
    <root id="-1" />

So no error is being thrown, yet creation of the XML is clearly failing.  There's a bunch of those guestbook errors thrown before the XML is republished.  In fact they are thrown alot - like a bunch of them every hour.  I wonder if that's related?

As usual, republishing the site from the content node works fine and rebuilds the XML no problems.

I'm trying to get my host to check the server logs to see if anything is logged there that may give an indication as to why it's failing.  Any suggestions from the community would be welcome.

Thanks
    Greg 

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft