Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jais Edelmann 45 posts 126 karma points
    Mar 08, 2013 @ 22:44
    Jais Edelmann

6.0.2 - umbraco:item Nodeid issue

I'm not really sure this is a bug but it sure feel like it to me.

I've created a masterpage template which has an umbraco:item with a custom property field. Now it works if you are on the node id page but if you are on the url page it does not work without the umbraco:item has nodeid in it? 

Works with /services.aspx:

<umbraco:Item field="title" NodeId="1073" runat="server" /></h1>

Works only with /1073.aspx even though /services is 1073

<umbraco:Item field="title" runat="server" /></h1>
  • gary 385 posts 916 karma points
    Mar 08, 2013 @ 23:06
    gary

Hi Jais

This may be completely un-related, but it does show some signs of something I am trying to track-down.

On your docType, can you look at the last publish date, then, save and publish. Does it update to current date and time, or the last time you saved it?

I had major issues trying to get a loop working, when I republished one one twice, it appeared in the list when others didn't although they were all saved and published and the page worked correctly. I cannot prove it, but one save seems to publish the page you are on, but you need to save twice to get it to appear in another template, as you are doing, or in a loop or whatever. 

If you could let me know I want to report it, but have listed it on the forum, but had no replies, but have just had one, so if you could check, it may help clear something up.

Regards G

Mar 10, 2013 @ 01:07
    Jais Edelmann

Okay this is a presistent issue for me now on several pages and templates and it's also happening if i create new pages now, so if i create tester.aspx i get 404 but if i access via nodeid.aspx it works!

Page problem:

http://local.codesquare.dk/tester.aspx

http://local.codesquare.dk/1124.aspx

Macro Node problem:

http://local.codesquare.dk/about.aspx

http://local.codesquare.dk/1102.aspx

And Gary you are absolutely right my publish date on nodes doesn not change!

The only package the solution have had on was this: http://our.umbraco.org/projects/developer-tools/macro-cache-disabler because i though the issue was related to caching  at first but it didnt change anything, also recycling application pool etc does not work for me.

I'm running on a IIS8 and SQLEXPRESS2008 on a Windows 8 with masterpage rendering, umbraolog doesent give me any errors or information regarding any issues

p.s. content created that goes through a cshtml macro works. / also if you test the site and its not working might be because my developer machine is shutdown! but ill try and leave it on so its possible to see the bug in action

Mar 10, 2013 @ 21:14
    Jais Edelmann

/bump

Mar 10, 2013 @ 21:33
    gary

Hi Jais

Apologies, missed your previous post.

Thanks for the confirmation on your publish date - will report as bug now - can also stop thinking I was imagining it.

Will try to find the post but someone had a similar issue, closed the site (on local server, shut down IIS) opened up again and it worked. Would appear this maybe somewhere between save, publish, cache. Like it "saves" but is only recognised by part of the code, because clearly it does exist in the database.

Had a look at your site and also noticed that if you hover over the images, the url in bottom left has a 1124.aspx# on the end. This has been raised, but not reported. I see your site is responsive so wonder if you have jQueryMobile? Apparantly it comes from ajax calls and is an MVC issue. I overcame it by disabling the ajax calls. 

If I come across anything to help will post here.

G

Mar 10, 2013 @ 23:18
    Jais Edelmann

Hey Gary, sounds good, would be nice to get this sorted, hard to keep up development when everytime you create a page it just returns 404, and template items that doent get rendered :)

Feel free to post a link to the bug, so i can keep my eyes out also for a fix :)

Regarding the href it's just a leftover from the html markup done, as we initialy planned on having employee profiles but for now we havent implented it (removed it now just for the sake of it :)). We typically always do the html markup and review, before we implement on a platform.

Mar 11, 2013 @ 09:47
    gary

Hi Jais

Reported the issue this morning http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-1883

I have descibed the issue in a vague way because I think it need an investigation into what is and isn't being updated. Clearly your content exists, but only half of the code can see it, as you say some methods work others not.

You will see the issue I had when and how I discovered this in the bug report - it was something very simple.

Anyway - lets see what can be done - will use your issue for reference if asked.

Regards G

Mar 11, 2013 @ 10:50
    Jais Edelmann

Cool thanks Gary

Think however i have to create my own issue though as mine does not get updated at all, even though it's a simliar issue

Mar 11, 2013 @ 11:06
    gary

Hi Jais

Would agree with you on that one, think there are many similar issues but they may be centred around the whole save and publish issue.

Good luck, maybe if we get a solution soon I will not have to explain to customers they have to save and publish twice in order for effects to be seen - sure you appreciate how difficult something so simple can be.

Thanks again for your help G

Mar 11, 2013 @ 13:45
    Jais Edelmann

I figured out the problem on my solution, my node structure is like this:

Site
     > Home 
     > About
     > Contact
     > etc 

Now my domain was set at home, when i moved this to parent (site) it work on all home's siblings = problem solved :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft