Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Anders Holmér 20 posts 41 karma points
    Nov 27, 2012 @ 17:36
    Anders Holmér

Media Upload 4.11 dosen't work

When I am tryin to upload in a media folder using drag and drop feature or browse function,  i got the following message

"System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
       at umbraco.presentation.umbraco.webservices.MediaUploader.ProcessUploadRequest(HttpContext context)"

Umbraco 4.11 clean installation + uComponents, imagegen and xsltsearch

iis 7.0

• Eric Boen 40 posts 64 karma points
    Nov 28, 2012 @ 04:45
    Eric Boen

I'm experiencing the same thing.  I don't have imagegen but I do have uBlogsy installed.  I can upload one file at a time by right clicking on a media folder but the "Drag Files here to upload" modal is not working.     A small loading icon is constantly spinning on the "Content" panel, I don't see any javascript errors, not sure what is going on.  The images I upload one at a time will not display in the Content panel on the right side when I click on the folder.

Eric

• Dan 1285 posts 3917 karma points c-trib
    Nov 28, 2012 @ 12:23
    Dan

+1 I get this too.  Fresh 4.11 install - only uComponents installed.  Single right-click > create works for media items, but neither the 'new' HTML5 multi-file uploader nor the desktop media uploader seem to actually create the media items nor upload the files.

Digging a little deeper, there doesn't seem to be any client-side error message when uploading but there are errors logged in the umbracoLog table for each failed file upload:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at umbraco.presentation.umbraco.webservices.MediaUploader.ProcessUploadRequest(HttpContext context)

Just getting some verification from others who may have encountered this before creating an issue on the bug tracker.

Nov 28, 2012 @ 12:51
    Dan

I've created an issue on the tracker here: http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-1275.  Although I'd really hope this would be fixed quickly in a patch release (standard functionality that just seems broken, and likely to affect a lot of people once 4.11 becomes widely used by editors) please vote for this issue.

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15477 karma points MVP admin hq
    Nov 28, 2012 @ 13:05
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Hey guys, we're preparing a 4.11.1 release to fix this issue. For now the simple workaround is to "touch" the global.asax file (just put a space in it an save it), that should help. 

Nightly versions with a fix for this are available if you need this fixed right now but a patch release is coming today or tomorrow. http://nightly.umbraco.org/umbraco%204.11.1/

Nov 28, 2012 @ 13:06
    Dan

Brilliant, that's really helpful, thanks Sebastiaan.

• Dennis Milandt 190 posts 517 karma points
    Dec 22, 2012 @ 18:00
    Dennis Milandt

@Sebastian, was 4.11.1 supposed to fix this issue? I have a fresh install, and the HTML5 upload doesn't seem to work. The file is not saved, only the media-item is created. It is not a problem with permissions.

Dec 22, 2012 @ 18:10
    Dennis Milandt

Perhaps it is not the same error. I don't get any exceptions, still however, images are not being saved.

Can anyone confirm this issue?

Dec 22, 2012 @ 18:35
    Dennis Milandt

More details on my issue: http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-1344

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft