Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Carsten Johannesen 35 posts 55 karma points
    Oct 04, 2011 @ 10:38
    Carsten Johannesen

Error when trying to edit User permissions Ver. 4.7.0

When I try to edit any users the "User permissions" in the umbraco backend I do not get the right hand side interface - just a non-moving loading bar.

The Umbraco log reports:

Error initializing tree action: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. Parameter name: index at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException() at Umbraco.Courier.BusinessLogic.Tree.CourierAction.get_Alias() at umbraco.controls.Tree.TreeControl.GetLegacyIActionJavascript()

How do I alleviate this?

• Carsten Johannesen 35 posts 55 karma points
    Nov 08, 2011 @ 15:45
    Carsten Johannesen

Anyone?

• Hugh Hart 11 posts 31 karma points
    Jan 09, 2012 @ 19:42
    Hugh Hart

Same problem here, version 4.7.1. But I don't think we are editing any user properties. Don't know what is going on to cause this.

• James Drever 118 posts 149 karma points
    Mar 05, 2012 @ 12:31
    James Drever

Just for info: I had the same problem & was able to fix it by removing the Umbraco.Courier.dll left behind by an old (1.3) Courier install.

• Hugh Hart 11 posts 31 karma points
    Mar 05, 2012 @ 17:08
    Hugh Hart

You are right about the fix.

We no longer experience this error after cleaning up old courier left overs from our site.

See the post at http://our.umbraco.org/forum/umbraco-pro/courier/27437-Error-reading-Courier-Config-file-searching-in-the-wrong-location as this will tell how we resolved this problem.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft