Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• overflew 87 posts 110 karma points
    Nov 23, 2010 @ 22:25
    overflew

Backoffice search autocomplete - Issue with extended words

Hi there,

I'm having an issue with the search autocomplete in the top left - If I search for a word & get results (e.g. "Sam") then continue that word (e.g. "Samuel"), I get no further results. In the Javascript console, I get an error like so:

1. Uncaught TypeError: Object 4778 has no method 'indexOf'

Extended details:
      1. onChange

Object '4478' is the first result returned by the first search ("Sam"). I have tested this occurring in IE8 / FF / Chrome, and have tested there are results for the extended word ("Samuel") when searched from it's other title words, and in the search dialog (/umbraco/dialogs/search.aspx).

I'm using v4.5.2

Any help appreciated, thanks.

• Chester Campbell 98 posts 209 karma points
    Nov 03, 2011 @ 22:18
    Chester Campbell

Did you get any resolution to this issue? I have experiencing the same thing with Umbraco v4.7.0.

• Sam Moore 27 posts 112 karma points
    Jan 19, 2012 @ 20:54
    Sam Moore

my fix was this:

go to /umbraco_client/Application/JQuery/jquery.autocomplete.js

open that bad boy up and edit the line in matchSubset that looks like this:

var i = s.indexOf(sub);

so that it looks like this (essentially you're having it do a lookup on the s object to see if it can find any indexOf method, BEFORE it tries to use it. I imagine there is a bug somewhere in the cache mechanism that causes s to be passed improperly to the matchSubset function, but I don't want to waste time debugging it. This will fix it:

var i = s["indexOf"] ? s.indexOf(sub) : -1;

You may have to go to your ~/App_Data/TEMP/ClientDependency folder and delete all the files then do a hard refresh (ctrl-R / F5) in the backoffice to clear out the cached JS file before the error goes away.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft