Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Simon 24 posts 127 karma points
    Oct 07, 2010 @ 15:23
    Simon

Where do I start settings up a members section?

I've been trying to figure out how I can login and register users for my website.

From what I can tell the asp.net membership provider has been implemented in the latest version.

At first I assumed this just meant i could smack an asp:Login control on a page and hey presto my users could login.  Then I found the membership providers wiki.  This linked to an article on "How to integrate ASPnet Membership control with Umbraco".

At this point I was lost.  Can someone point me in the right direction.  What do I need to implement to make this work?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Si

Oct 07, 2010 @ 15:55
    Simon

AHA! I didn't realise Users and Members were different.  Just logged in my first test user (or is that member) however still can't figure out how to use the CreateUserWizard.  Just throws a NullObjectException.  Oh well at least i'm on the right track now

Anyone know why i get this when registering a new member:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
       umbraco.cms.businesslogic.Content.CreateContent(ContentType ct) +226
       umbraco.cms.businesslogic.member.Member.MakeNew(String Name, String LoginName, String Email, MemberType mbt, User u) +997
       umbraco.cms.businesslogic.member.Member.MakeNew(String Name, String Email, MemberType mbt, User u) +97
       umbraco.providers.members.UmbracoMembershipProvider.CreateUser(String username, String password, String email, String passwordQuestion, String passwordAnswer, Boolean isApproved, Object providerUserKey, MembershipCreateStatus& status) +312
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.CreateUserWizard.AttemptCreateUser() +356
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.CreateUserWizard.OnNextButtonClick(WizardNavigationEventArgs e) +207
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.Wizard.OnBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs e) +560
       System.Web.UI.Control.RaiseBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs args) +69
       System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +28
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2980

Oct 07, 2010 @ 16:28
    Simon

Nevermind, found this page and all was explained

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft