Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Sean 6 posts 26 karma points
    Apr 01, 2010 @ 22:06
    Sean

I am so lost!

I do not konw what to do..

A few weeks ago when i first using asp.net i came across umbraco but my knowledge lacked the skills for the install.

Today I was going thru a microsoft step by step asp.net 3.5 book doing the first lesson hello world... when i typed

http://localhost/ASPNETStepByStep/helloworld.aspx ; it defaulted me to the install for umbraco.. I was able to edit the connection string and finish the install.. the problem is when i go to http://localhost/ASPNETStepByStep/helloworld.aspx now i get an error I dont understand if if this is not the right place for this question can someone point me in the right direction..

thx

Page not found

No umbraco document matches the url 'http://localhost/ASPNETStepByStep/helloworld.aspx'

umbraco tried this to match it using this xpath query'/root/node/node [@urlName = "aspnetstepbystep"]/node [@urlName = "helloworld"] | /root/node [@urlName = "helloworld"]')

This page can be replaced with a custom 404 page by adding the id of the umbraco document to show as 404 page in the /config/umbracoSettings.config file. Just add the id to the '/settings/content/errors/error404' element.

For more information, visit information about custom 404 on the umbraco website.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Apr 01, 2010 @ 22:25
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Sean

If I understand you post correctly you have succeeded in installing Umbraco in your localhost, right?

And at the same time you are doing some asp.net excercises and saving them in a folder callced ASPNETStepByStep and when you are trying to see, what you have made in those files you get an Umbraco error page, right?

If so then the solution is to open the umbraco web.config and find the <appSettings>

There you can add the "ASPNETStepByStep" folder to the "umbracoReservedPaths so it looks like this:
    <add key="umbracoReservedPaths" value="/umbraco/,/ASPNETStepByStep/" />

Then the .aspx files from that folder should not be conflicting with Umbraco.

Hope this helps

/Jan

• Sean 6 posts 26 karma points
    Apr 01, 2010 @ 22:33
    Sean

thats awesome it works, can you gime a little in-site on why.  Maybe after installing umbraco it changed some default settings that were in my C:\inetpub\wwwroot\webconfig?

thx for the help!!

Apr 01, 2010 @ 23:09
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Sean

I'm glad it helped.

I'll try to explain and hope that someone else in here will correct me if I'm wrong...

When Umbraco is being installed info your folder then it takes over the process of handling .aspx pages. Therefore it thinks that .aspx files that have not been esacped in the web.config is a part of the generated content. That is way you get an Umbraco error page since the page does not exist within the content section of Umbraco.

If you had created the .aspx file in the root of the folder where Umbraco is installed you should have added it into the "umbracoReservedUrls" instead. But since you have your custom .aspx files in a folder you just need to escape the foldder in the "umbracoReservedPath" like you have just done.

I hope it all makes sense.

Have fun learning ASP.NET and Umbraco :-)

/Jan

• Mila 60 posts 79 karma points
    Feb 29, 2012 @ 13:53
    Mila

Hi,

I have installed umbraco 4.7.1.1. in a windows server 2008 R2 Enterprise, framework 4.

When I press the button to preview my website, I'm getting the follow error:

Page not found

No umbraco document matches the url 'http://butao/Umbraco/1050.aspx'

umbraco tried this to match it using this xpath query'1050')h

Can someone help me out, please?

Feb 29, 2012 @ 14:32
    Mila

Sorry, My bad. I just have forgotten to select a template X)

Feb 29, 2012 @ 18:19
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Mila

Good to hear you managed to figure it out.

Have fun using Umbraco :)

/Jan

Feb 29, 2012 @ 18:20
    Mila

Thank you, Jan! =)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft