Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tom Engan 430 posts 1173 karma points
    Jan 29, 2016 @ 15:22
    Tom Engan

Experiences with UnoEuro Umbraco-hosting?

Unoeuro.dk supports Umbraco - but how is the support for eg LeBlender package? Are there any limitations at UnoEuro who would otherwise not have when installing Umbraco on a virtual machine?

I will use SQL CE, so then I don't need to order Microsoft SQL 2014 which is an additional cost?

I want to use the latest version of Umbraco.

Anyone who has an overview of how to use and work against UnoEuro before I possibly order something from UnoEuro?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jan 30, 2016 @ 09:44
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Tom

I have been using UnoEuro for some minor projects for several years and I have no reason to complain.

Everytime I have needed to get support they have been replying almost instantly - Also during weekends. But it's been a while since I need to get in touch with support so don't know if they still keep the same pace on tickets.

But there should be no limitations in regards to the kind of packages that you can use and install - I think that you should also be able to deploy to the server using Web Deploy.

CE SQL has been working fine for me but be aware that you can end up loosing data using CE SQL unfortunately - You can read more about that in this issue http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-4621 (which is very old - Not sure whether or not it's something in the Umbraco core or with the CE SQL db itself).

So if I were in your place I would probably consider spending the additional cost for MSSQL - I don't consider MySQL and option since it requires some manual fiddling to get the table names right (If I remember correctly) and also most 3rd party packages only support MSSQL if they store data in the DB.

I hope this helps a bit :)

/Jan

Feb 01, 2016 @ 13:31
    Tom Engan

Thanks for the answers, and that was the answer I hoped for. When it comes to SQL CE will I learn more about it and see what I do. To own solutions, I would probably use SQL CE, but probably offer customers MSSQL.

• John Palmer 76 posts 201 karma points
    Feb 19, 2016 @ 04:04
    John Palmer

Hi Tom,

I would recommend you to check hostforlife.eu hosting plan. I believe it will suits your requirements since they have many data centers in Europe that you can choose.

Feb 19, 2016 @ 10:15
    Tom Engan

Thanks for the tip. Going to check out hostforlife.eu too.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft