Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Morten 15 posts 50 karma points
    Jan 04, 2010 @ 18:30
    Morten

Umbraco Keeps Unpublish Automatic!

Kinda new to umbraco..

Did a fresh install on Surftown's server.. Worked out just fine, played around the admin panel, did a publish and clicked around on my side..

Went away for a short period of time, when i got back it said that there was nothing published.. And i published again...

now 5 times later it still unpublish my site.. What to do?

• Jamie Howarth 306 posts 773 karma points c-trib
    Jan 04, 2010 @ 18:44
    Jamie Howarth

Hi Morten,

Can you provide us with the following information:

• Server OS and IIS version;
    • ASP.NET version;
    • Umbraco build;
    • (If you have access to it) Stack trace, either from the page or from the server's error log.
    This'll help us diagnose the problem more effectively.
    Many thanks,
    Benjamin

Jan 04, 2010 @ 18:51
    Morten

Its Surftown Danish servers..

its installed http://ski.mjdigital.dk/

ASP.NET 3.5

Newest Umbraco Build

Cant find a reason why it keeps unpublish my site :S

Jan 04, 2010 @ 18:54
    Morten

If u want Benjamin i can create a user for u so u can try take alook if u got time?

Jan 04, 2010 @ 18:57
    Morten

BTW think that surftown run medium thruster... If that does anything?

• Douglas Robar 3570 posts 4711 karma points MVP ∞ admin c-trib
    Jan 04, 2010 @ 19:12
    Douglas Robar

I suspect that you don't have adequate file permissions on the /data/umbraco.config file (or some other file(s)).

If it is a medium trust issue I would expect you'd get errors long before this... though Benjamin is the medium trust expert and is working hard on making umbraco medium-trust friendly.

cheers,
    doug.

Jan 04, 2010 @ 19:45
    Jamie Howarth

Aha. Medium Trust = my digs (I've created a new build which supports Medium Trust here).

You must ensure that your ASP.NET user account also has write access to the /data/umbraco.config file - also ask your host if the application pool runs with ASP.NET impersonation or actually runs as NETWORK SERVICE.

Let us know if this helps.

Cheers,

Benjamin

Jan 04, 2010 @ 19:49
    Jamie Howarth

P.S. I believe (but have not tested this) that if you remove the umbraco.config file from the /data directory, all works well. I think it's something to do with umbraco.config controlling file-based caching and removing it forces Umbraco to cache data elsewhere, which solves the problem.

Jan 04, 2010 @ 20:13
    Jamie Howarth

Morten, if you'd like me to take a look at your build, DM me on Twitter @benjaminhowarth with your MSN/GTalk/Skype and I'll add you so I can help you debug.

Happy to help be part of the friendliest community in the world :-)

• Douglas Robar 3570 posts 4711 karma points MVP ∞ admin c-trib
    Jan 04, 2010 @ 21:30
    Douglas Robar

You *can* safely delete the /data/umbraco.config file at any time. Umbraco will silently re-create it afresh. 

Indeed, this is a useful test. Delete it and see that umbraco can re-create it. If it can then that isn't the problem (though you might have other file-permission related problems).

The umbraco.config file is an xml file that contains all the same data that is held in memory on the server for fast access. You can open it with any text or xml editor. The reason is has a .config filename is so that IIS won't ever serve it up (IIS never serves .config files).

cheers,
    doug.

Jan 05, 2010 @ 11:27
    Morten

Benjamin Howarth tried adding u on twitter :D But dont know if i got it right...

Just add my MSN [email protected]

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft