Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ryan 35 posts 129 karma points
    Jul 30, 2013 @ 19:39
    Ryan

Load Balancing UNC Path Issues and Backoffice setup

Hi All

I'm running three 2008 R2 servers (two web and one SQL).  I'm attempting to set up load balancing on the two frontends using a fileshare.

I followed the instructions for setting up a share here: http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/install-and-setup/installing-umbraco-for-load-balanced-environments and everything appeared to go ok.  However I'm receiving this issue randomly when browsing the site:

Failed to start monitoring changes to '...' because the network BIOS command limit has been reached. For more information on this error, please refer to Microsoft knowledge base article 810886. Hosting on a UNC share is not supported for the Windows XP Platform.

I searched the forums and online and have been unable to find a solution.  Any thoughts?

This issue is frequent when using the backoffice as well.  Sometimes the backoffice loads properly other times it's flakey.  In general, the site is unusable in it's current state.  The article I followed above skims across the backoffice setup.  Can anyone help explain how to properly setup the backoffice/admin with a fileshare?  I would like to try and use the share vs going to a replication solution.

Thanks.

• Jeavon Leopold 3072 posts 13628 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Aug 02, 2013 @ 21:50
    Jeavon Leopold

Hi Ryan,

The only solution this I personally know is to use iSCSI to attach the shared storage to the two servers, however I know a few others have recently been using Windows DFS successfully achieve the same solution.

Hope that is in some way helpful.

Jeavon

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft