Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Pierre Poutine 2 posts 22 karma points
    May 01, 2013 @ 04:05
    Pierre Poutine

Cannot create an MVC Area path without the umbracoPath specified

Hi All,

I'm trying to install Umbraco 6.0.4 on IIS7. I've followed the steps for a manual installation. I've unzipped the files to a folder and created a new site pointing to that folder. The site is using the default ASP.NET 4.0 app pool. When I try to access the site through a browser I receive an error:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Cannot create an MVC Area path without the umbracoPath specified

The rest of the error message is below. Any ideas why I'm getting this error? Do I need to specify an "umbracoPath" somewhere? Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: Cannot create an MVC Area path without the umbracoPath specified

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace: 

[InvalidOperationException: Cannot create an MVC Area path without the umbracoPath specified]

Umbraco.Core.Configuration.GlobalSettings.get_UmbracoMvcArea() +218

Umbraco.Web.WebBootManager.CreateRoutes() +30

Umbraco.Web.WebBootManager.Complete(Action`1 afterComplete) +16

Umbraco.Core.UmbracoApplicationBase.StartApplication(Object sender, EventArgs e) +147

Umbraco.Core.UmbracoApplicationBase.Application_Start(Object sender, EventArgs e) +9

[HttpException (0x80004005): Cannot create an MVC Area path without the umbracoPath specified]

System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.EnsureAppStartCalledForIntegratedMode(HttpContext context, HttpApplication app) +9859725

System.Web.HttpApplication.RegisterEventSubscriptionsWithIIS(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context, MethodInfo[] handlers) +118

System.Web.HttpApplication.InitSpecial(HttpApplicationState state, MethodInfo[] handlers, IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) +172

System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetSpecialApplicationInstance(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) +336

System.Web.Hosting.PipelineRuntime.InitializeApplication(IntPtr appContext) +296

[HttpException (0x80004005): Cannot create an MVC Area path without the umbracoPath specified]

System.Web.HttpRuntime.FirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +9873912

System.Web.HttpRuntime.EnsureFirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +101

System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestNotificationPrivate(IIS7WorkerRequest wr, HttpContext context) +254

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    May 01, 2013 @ 06:31
    Tom Fulton

Hi,

Check your web.config file, do you have this key?

<add key="umbracoPath" value="~/umbraco" />

Haven't seen this error before but just noticed this key and guessing it's probably related to your error.

-Tom

• Pierre Poutine 2 posts 22 karma points
    May 01, 2013 @ 18:56
    Pierre Poutine

That did the trick. Thanks!

• bair 1 post 21 karma points
    Jan 27, 2015 @ 14:03
    bair

thanks, it working fine. But it error VS2013 always showing, when i create new project and add UmbracoCMS.

Version  7.2.1 on windows8-64

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft