Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Simon Justesen 436 posts 203 karma points
    Sep 16, 2012 @ 14:29
    Simon Justesen

Can't expand tree node. Throws Exception "Cannot generate temporary class"

Just wanted to share this, in case someone stumbles across this weird error.

I was working on a new site in umbraco 4.9, and was about to install a new package when I noticed I couldn't expand the package node in the 'developer'-section.

Digging through the logs, I saw this:

At /umbraco/webservices/TreeDataService.ashx?rnd=b270586a6f154dca8df5b5744603bb6f&id=-1&treeType=packager&contextMenu=true&isDialog=false&app=developer&rnd2=37.8 (Referred by: http://localhost/umbraco/umbraco.aspx): ;

So, I went there and entered the address in my browser and got an error 

System.InvalidOperationException: Unable to generate a temporary class (result=1).
    error CS2001: Source file 'C:\Windows\TEMP\51il1jtn.0.cs' could not be found
    error CS2008: No inputs specified

Then I did some searching - it turns out that it's a permission error (as usual, when you get this kind of error): You need to give the Windows TEMP-folder proper permissions. I went for "IIS_IUSRS", which worked - read & list is sufficient. I can now view and install packages again.

Weird thing is that I have several other websites on that server, and it has not been necessary to add the IIS_IUSRS account before.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft