Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• UmbracoNovice 15 posts 50 karma points
    Apr 26, 2012 @ 13:51
    UmbracoNovice

Umbraco 4.0.0 upgrade

Hello

I am looking to upgrade a 4.0.0.0 installation to 4.7.1.1. I realise this is quite a jump in versions. Firstly I wanted to check its possible and whether I need to perform any specific upgrade paths/tasks other than that specified in 

http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/install-and-setup/upgrading-an-umbraco-installation

Any tips gratefully received!

Thanks for looking

• Justin Crabtree 2 posts 32 karma points
    May 01, 2012 @ 11:27
    Justin Crabtree

Hi Simon,

I'm in the same boat here, looking at trying to upgrade a site I've just inherited from 4.0.3 to 4.7.2

I think I saw something on a page that recommended going to 4.5.2 first, but thats as far form authoritive as you can get.

How'd you get along with this?

Regards,

Justin

• Rob Holmes 16 posts 36 karma points
    May 02, 2012 @ 11:12
    Rob Holmes

Hi Justin,

I upgraded one of our old Umbraco installations (4.0.2) to 4.5.2 just last week, and aside from a couple of niggles, it was fairly straight forward. I have to admit that I've not tried to subsequently upgrade it to 4.7.x as we dont have the requirement for that at this stage, but certainly the upgrade to 4.5.2 was less painful than I expected.

Hope that helps in some way,

Rob

• UmbracoNovice 15 posts 50 karma points
    May 06, 2012 @ 23:11
    UmbracoNovice

Thanks both, have not had chance to do the upgrade yet. But I think I will go to 4.5.2 first

• Rob Holmes 16 posts 36 karma points
    May 08, 2012 @ 09:59
    Rob Holmes

Hi Simon, hope it goes well. The things to watch out for really are configuration settings. Make sure you set the system to run with the old XML schema, and also make sure that the user password hashing value is correct. If you complete the process and can't log in to the back end, this is the first thing you will want to check.

Good luck!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft